New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New product released

Announcements from Excito
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

OK good news, thanks a lot.
Reading HD spec and send order :P
8)
andersos

Post by andersos »

Btw, can you say when the wlan add-on will be available?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

What, is there a more powerful cpu coming?
Damn, I have already pre-ordered and the unit is in the mail!

Will there be an option to upgrade the cpu for us cutting-edge-bubba-users?

I also agree that host name should have been anything but "bubba"... I just hope the manual will say how to change that.
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hello Hammer,

I have received mine now.
The hostname is easily changed in the web interface.
I connected mine to a single PC (not the entire network or the internet), configured the network settings and it was very easy to change.

Best regards,

Cheeseboy
johannes

Post by johannes »

Regarding the more powerful cpu, this is not planned and hence - we don't have a time plan for it. We feel that the current CPU is more than enough for the current requirements.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Tompa

Post by Tompa »

johannes wrote: When re-installing the system, two options will be available, whereof one won't touch your user data.
I have only found one reinstall-image yet and as far as I understand it will format the harddrive completely. Is there another image available where the user-partition will be left alone?

/Tomas
carl

Post by carl »

Tompa wrote:
johannes wrote: When re-installing the system, two options will be available, whereof one won't touch your user data.
I have only found one reinstall-image yet and as far as I understand it will format the harddrive completely. Is there another image available where the user-partition will be left alone?

/Tomas
We will hopefully be releasing a new image in the next week, which will include options how to control the installation.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Knowing that I would mess it up with my initial tinkering, I didn't put any data on the device.
But when I did mess it up and was preparing to reboot it for reinstallation, I created a dummy file in /home/storage/video just to test this, and after the reinstallation eventually succeeded the file was still there.
So it seems the image currently available does not wipe the entire disk...

Please don't hold me responsible if you lose data. Always backup and test first.

Cheers,

Cheeseboy
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

My new Bubba is close by according to the shippni web site, so i will wait for the new image before try ;)
8)
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

Quick update, arrived yesterday, today is up with 1T disk ;)
Just a small suggestion to the BOSS :
add a exagonal key size 2 to the set like Ikea das ;) make life easyer for new Bubba's user.
Any way great Job , thanks.
8)