New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

BubbaServer (b1) etch rc2 release

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
carl

BubbaServer (b1) etch rc2 release

Post by carl »

I know a lot of you have waited too long for an new release of an BubbaServer etch image, so I have now taken the time to build an image! (hurray!!!).

Sadly as I haven't had time to test it fully, I decided to release it as an final release candidate, though I hope it is stable.

The image is located at http://update.excito.net/install/testin ... -etch-rc2/ and is 105 MiB in size. If we doesn't find any really strange bugs in the near weeks, we will release is sharp.

/Carl
Last edited by carl on 25 Mar 2009, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
Boy

Post by Boy »

Great news, waiting keenly for the release.

Does the etch image contain the new theme from BubbaTwo ?

Boy
carl

Post by carl »

Boy wrote:Great news, waiting keenly for the release.

Does the etch image contain the new theme from BubbaTwo ?

Boy
Sorry, it is still the same old BubbaServer interface.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
rasel

torrent library problem

Post by rasel »

I upgraded to bubba-etch-rc2 image recently and can't download from some torrent sites that I used with bubba-etch-rc1 (For example EZTV tv episode downloads doesn't work anymore). I searched the forums and found that it can be caused by a new torrent library usage. Is there a way to replace rc2's ftd with rc1's?
pcrene

Etch

Post by pcrene »

Hello Carl,

Just curious, what advantages does the Etch image have?

As I read the compleet bubba gets formatted when installing this clean image. Any possebility on a kind of upgrade or are the differences so big?

Rene
Boy

Post by Boy »

The image is located at http://update.excito.net/install/testin ... -etch-rc2/ and is 105 MiB in size. If we doesn't find any really strange bugs in the near weeks, we will release is sharp.
Hi Carl,

are there any strange bugs in the final release candidate that is preventing from releasing Etch image for Bubba|Server ? Any time schedule ?

I also wonder, if there any updates or new functionalities planned for the Bubba|Server or are you just concentrating on the Bubba|Two ?

Regards
Boy
TN

Been testing the etch upgrade for some days now

Post by TN »

Some comments:

1) The upgrade worked like you had described it. I backed up ***everything*** using an huge NFS mounted drive. It took some time but it worked and gave me access to everything after the upgrade.

2) The first thing I did was to change the sources.list to also include the normal Debian archives. So I am probably not 100% representative but still....

3) I am not running all the servers available from the Bubba administrative interface so I can't comment on all of them.

4) Anyhow I have had two problems so far, of which the one related to mysql is not something for everyone. :-) However the Ilohamailer didn't work for me. :-( I could read mails but not send. There seems to be a problem with the way it communicate with the SMTP server. So instead of tracking down the error I installed Squirrelmail which I have been using before.

BR

/Thomas
Boy

Post by Boy »

So instead of tracking down the error I installed Squirrelmail which I have been using before.
Hi TN,

I was also thinking of using Squirrelmail instead of Ilohamail because the project seems to be dead. Does Squirrelmail have the same functionalities than Ilohamail ? Did you have any problems installing it ?

BR
Boy
TN

Post by TN »

I had no probem installing Squirrelmail. You need to remember to configure it though. There is a special configuration option for Dovecut which make it slightly easier.

Regarding the functionallity there are many plugins that you can add. Some of them are just to activate. If you need something special you can always have a look at their homepage.

Whether it is slower or not is hard to tell. I run a ***huge*** CMS system on my Bubba and there you have to wait :-( I would actually like to see a comparision between Bubba 1 & Bubba 2 regarding "speed".

/Thomas
Boy

Post by Boy »

If we doesn't find any really strange bugs in the near weeks, we will release is sharp.
Hi Carl,

I know, there seem to be a lot of issues with Bubba Two, but I just would like to know, when we can expect the official release of the Etch image for the Bubba Server, for which you still have a lot of users.

By the way, are the issues for Bubba Two, also concerning the upcoming Bubba Server Etch software ?

Cheers and thanks in advance for the answer.
Boy
PeterTuson

Post by PeterTuson »

Hi,

I have quite alot of additional software on my bubba, which I don't want to have to reinstall.

Are you going to make an incremental build of etch? This was how I updated my laptop to etch.
peter
squeak

Post by squeak »

I have tried installing the rc1 and rc2 images without success. It gets past all the memory stick and hard disk activity but then just ends up with the yellow led flashing. I have tried multiple times without success. The Sarge image always works perfectly.

An update on the above: I have tried rc2 with a different hard disk and it works! The hard disk that didn't work was 60gb the one that does is 200gb - just in case that gives anyone any clues why I had problems with the first hard disk.
MaxM

Post by MaxM »

Haven't heard anything in a long time about the etch images. Any more news about when you think the final release of the etch images will be released?
zhaeon

question re: install

Post by zhaeon »

does the img: bubba.img have to be on the root of the usb drive?
TX,
spiff_man

What happens???

Post by spiff_man »

How is it going with the etch-release for the Bubba server?

Please give us a date if you can..... :?: