New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

adsl, suse

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
czanik

adsl, suse

Post by czanik »

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a Bubba two, so I'm browsing the manuals right now. Looking at http://download.excito.net/web/BubbaTwo ... _large.jpg I don't see any trace, that ADSL could be configured from the web interface. Where can I setup the PPPoE username / password?

Also, is there any way to connect a (serial) console? Without an intent to start a distro war: is there any way to install an other Linux than Debian on the box? I really prefer SuSE before anything else (using from their first release), ported openSUSE to a number of PPC boards, but that does not work without a console...

Bye,
CzP
Made

Post by Made »

About the Adsl configuration.
Now it is not possible to configure this over the web interface, but this would be a nice feature for Bubba2.

Right now i configured my Bubba2 as a dsl-router manually (the debian way).

- apt-get install pppoeconf
- run pppoeconf
- edit /etc/network/firewall.conf (change all eth0 to ppp0)

This work fine for me.
czanik

Post by czanik »

OK, so ADSL should be easy, even if not on the web interface.

The other question is still open: is it possible to boot any other Linux distributions?
johannes

Post by johannes »

Sorry about the late reply, but anyways:

Yes, it's of course possible, but could be a lot of work. You probably know just as well as we do what has to be done, but when it comes to the serial console, it's fully possible to mount one. The connector and a driver IC has to be fitted on the board, but this is quite easilly done. I think we could help you out with this if you want to, just send us an email.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)