New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Total breakdown

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Hammer

Total breakdown

Post by Hammer »

The box has after some severe access issues finally given up talking to anything, including putty.

No amount of restarts have cured this latest affliction. All it did was to continously wink at me with its little LED, maybe trying to convey what the illness was, but that I was unable to interpret.

So I inserted a B2 image in the USB slot to perform an emergency restore of the system.
Now it has been blinking along for somewhere between 30 and 50 minutes, and doesn't look happy at all.

The face plate of the B2 was loose when it arrived (bad glue I think) so it has all along been standing on its face plate, lest the latter fall off completely. Could this cause the failure?

/Hammer
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

Hi,
reloading the image can take lots of time since Bubba formats the HDD during this process. That means if you have a 1Tb HDD it will take time mate.

BR,
Xargon
johannes

Post by johannes »

Sorry to hear that. And I don't think it has to do with that it has been standing on it's front. Please allow it to re-install for 50-60 minutes with an 1 TB disk. You can check that it has entered reprogramming-mode by watching the front LED, after booting with the button pressed, it will blink slightly faster than during a normal boot attempt, and when reading data from the USB stick, it will blink even faster during a period of time.

If you don't get it working again, email us at support@excito.com and we'll solve the issue with a warranty repair.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Six hours later the front LED was still blinking. Normal?
Haven't had time to check it more thoroughly than that.
johannes

Post by johannes »

No, not normal. If you are sure that the button was pressed during boot, and that you have a working USB stick with the correct files on it, I think a warranty return is the only option.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)