New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba|Two Software update 1.2.0

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
tor

Bubba|Two Software update 1.2.0

Post by tor »

Release notes for BUBBA|TWO 1.2.0
This is a new major upgrade. The upgrade is available both as a firmware upgrade and a new install image.

Upgrade
To upgrade a running system, make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Choose "settings" menu entry. Choose "Update" in the sub menu. Press the "Update" button.

edit:
Since the update service depends on root access to the MySQL database, if you have changed the default password the update will fail. If it has been changed run the update from the commandline, default options should be ok, but you need to provide your MySQL root password.

Since this upgrade is a major there is a lot of packages to upgrade, around 90 of them, due to that and that the old upgrader let apache be turned off for a lengthy part of the upgrade there will be a long delay when the UI will report 'Error connecting to server' so be patient. Further more the updater might not report 'Upgrade complete' but when the progress bar reaches 100% the upgrade is compete.

When upgrade is completed a restart of the system is required for all changes to take effect.

Install
To (re)install a system please read the manual, section "INSTALLING & REINSTALLING SOFTWARE".

New features
The 1.2.0 release includes a couple of major new features.

Raid
Support for RAID 1 (mirroring) is available using e-SATA disks.

Extended disk
Support for extending disk is available using LVM. Easily add extra storage to a running system without any downtime/reboot needed.
(Roughly corresponds to RAID 0 or JBOD functionality)

Backup
Backup of files from Bubba. The backup options include:
  • Support for muliptle backup jobs, each with individual settings and include
  • Backup to external disk, USB or e-SATA
  • Backup to remote target, FTP or SSH
  • Incremential backups
  • Scheduling, set when and how often a backup job should run.
  • History, making it possible to revert not to just the last file backup, but to files from any backup date.
  • Possible to encrypt backup, making it possible to store the backup on "untrusted" targets.
Photo album
Photos stored on Bubba|Two can easily be made available for public or private viewing. Albums can be created so that anyone is allowed to view it, or password protected with access rights on a user bases.

Upgrades
Upgrades to numerous packages, most significant:
  • SqueezeCenter, version 7.3.3
  • Filetransferdaemon
    • Upgraded to use latest torrent library, Rasterbars libtorrent, solving a couple of stability bugs and decreases memory consumption.
    • Improvements to upload functionality. Now cancels uploads immediately when its apparent that user has no write permissions in upload directory.
Known issues
  • NTFS disks are mounted non-persistent, ie they will not be remounted on a reboot of Bubba|Two
dan13l

Re: Bubba|Two Software update 1.2.0

Post by dan13l »

Raid! Oh happy day! Awesome news!

Sounds like a fantastic update. Can't wait to get it installed.

Has the kernel changed at all in this release?
Eek

Post by Eek »

Upgrade works great

but i can not login to the album.
in the manual i read that: log in as your standard user on Bubba|Two
this works for the admin page, but not for album.
?
cheers
Eek
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

There is a tab photo album
And then there is a database error:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning

Message: include_once(/etc/album/debian-db.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Filename: config/database.php

Line Number: 54

Severity: Warning

Message: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/etc/album/debian-db.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')

Line Number: 54

Severity: Notice

Line Number: 56

Line Number: 57

Line Number: 58

A Database Error Occurred
Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.
tor

Post by tor »

@Eek,
The user management for the album is decoupled from the admin user. So you either has to mark an album as public or you have to add album users. Logged in as non admin choose "Photo album"->Users, add a user. Select the created album and check the users that have permissions to watch the album.

@Binkem,
this looks strange and is nothing we have seen in our internal testing. Could you please contact support@excito.com with any details.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
pa

Post by pa »

Blinkem, any chance that you have changed the root password for the MySQL database?

The new bubba-album package needs root access to MySQL during install to set up its database.

/PA
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

i did change the password and fixed this by updating using putty to update. The album works now, but I cannot add users. There was a problem updating when restarting adminphp (failed). I tried to restart it manually, but my knowledge of Linux is not enough. I tried to restart /etc/init.d/bubba-adminphp but it cannot find this function.
Is the problem of not being able to add users caused by adminphp? If so how do I restart this?
pa

Post by pa »

As root, you should be able to run

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/bubba-adminphp restart
But if bubba-adminphp does not run you should not be able to use the admin interface at all.

What error do you get when trying to add album users?

/PA
janstedehouder

Post by janstedehouder »

Hi,

I updated my Bubba|Two, restarted it and went through the update again (just in case). This update fails with the following message:

Code: Select all

Jul 4 18:20:37 bubba php5-cgi: {"error":1,"done":0,"statusMessage":"'bubba-apt update dist-upgrade' exited 25600","progress":"60.00"}
Everything seems to be working fine, but it does appear that at least part of the upgrade didn't work well.

Regards

Jan
janstedehouder

Post by janstedehouder »

Sorry, I stated too soon that nothing was wrong.

For now I found the following issues:

(1) I am sharing a custom build Ubuntu DVD via LinuxTracker. Right now it says that download is at 16%, while the ISO-file is 100% complete. And it continues to download from the website. So, at least something went wrong with the update here (fortunately it was the only file seeding/downloading at the time)

(2) Fetchmail seems to make a mess of one of my e-mail addresses. The logfile shows it tries to connect to jan@mydomain.org@mydomain.org.
scott-2

Post by scott-2 »

The update did not go well for me. I followed the instructions for update via the web admin page. The progress bar went to 100% complete in 5 seconds.

I shutdown and restarted bubba. After restart, my home LAN does not have internet access, even though bubba does.

Plus, http://bubba/admin returns a 500 internal server error. I guess this means that bubba-adminphp is not running.

Help?
aardric

Post by aardric »

The same happened for me. I upgraded from the command line through SSH:
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get -y update
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get -y dist-upgrade

It seems to be working well... so far.
BTW: I am new to Debian and I am just becoming familiar with Bubba|two.
pa

Post by pa »

Scott,

What version is the web-UI reporting on the "home"-section when logged in as "admin"?
Can you provide us with the output from the file "user.log", accessible from the UI as 'admin' under "Settings->Logs".

/PA
pa

Post by pa »

@janstedehouder

For your question (1), does the download manager work correctly after the required restart of Bubba? And the download that was affected, was it running during the upgrade process?
It is recommended that you do not have any up or downloads running while performing the upgrade, but it should not fail in any case. But the important thing here is if you see any errors on new downloads?

For your question (2), is it possible for you to share your fetchmail settings, ie the file "/etc/fetmailrc" in a support-case for us?
If so, could you please mail the file along with the logfile to us on "support@excito.com"?
Also please edit your mail passwords in the file you send so that we do not get access to these.

Regards
PA Nilsson, Excito
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

Adding users for a photo album seems to be an IE-problem. It works fine in Firefox. I still have to try it on another computer using IE though.

LINE: 366
CHARACTER: 11
ERROR: ID or number was expected
CODE: 0
URL: http://bubba/admin/album/users

Freely translated from Dutch