New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Error copy files :(

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
winzhangout

Re: Error copy files :(

Post by winzhangout »

Nothing happens cant reach it from lan port not in fileexplorer or under network. I think i tested this before with same result? any suggestions?
pa

Post by pa »

In this case Bubba should detect that there is no external dhcp server available and starts its own dhcp-server.

From windows, can you open a terminal (start->run, type cmd) then try and post the results of the following command:

ipconfig /all

This will desribe to us how windows have configured its own network. Also, if you remember what network profile that you have set Bubba to, it would be helpful.

/PA
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

http://kimtell.com/kim.jpg thats how it looks when i run that ipconfig.

I think i make bubba as private network but im not sure i run it as only server, Now the bubba not even show up in fileexplorer i have to use an link on desktop i made for it earlier to reach it.
pa

Post by pa »

If I understand your network setup correctly it is like this:

Internet->Wifi+wired router -> LAN -> Bubba and other computers.

Bubba and your XP machine is connected by wire to your wifi-router and your laptops wireless?
Any other equipment, switches or anything else?

Also, is Bubba using dhcp or have you assigned a static IP to Bubba?

/PA
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Hello All,

Maybe this will help:

Laptop with XPSP2, !G wired network.

I want to move a movie from one map to an other with cut/paste. After a while i get an error form XP that he cannot do this. When doing a copy to the new map and afterwards delete the original no problem.

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

Just a tip, it does not really have to do with the hanging issue, but if you cut and paste a file over a mounted network drive, windows is not so smart as to just move the file (it works on local disks though) but in this case the entire file will be transfered to your PC and then back to bubba over your wifi.

If you use the build-in filemanager, select the file and choose move, it will be instant...

/PA

[edit] Of course this only works if the location you want to read from is also located on bubba....
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

yes exact so xp wired to router same with bubba and wlan laptop. And i dont have any switches or anything. Yes the bubba get static ip from router allways same ip.
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

a dhcp with reservation so allways same ip 192.168.10.1 to the bubba.
pa

Post by pa »

Can you reach bubba by typing "\\bubba\home" in file explorer?

Can you reach bubba by typing "\\192.168.10.1\home" in file explorer?

Note that since Bubba is not acting as dns-server, it does not have control of the functions to resolve names on your local network. If you have rebooted your router _after_ the boot of bubba, the router will in most cases forget the name->IP conversion.

/PA
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

But i newer reboot my router and it has allways had the same ip number. And yes i can reach my bubba from both that adresses. But still dont know whats causing the error with file copy?
pa

Post by pa »

But you can still access bubba after a currupt transfer, or do you have to reboot bubba?

/PA
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

I can still connect to it, i dont need to restart.
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

http://kimtell.com/kim2.jpg As you can see i have problem to see the bubba in fileexplorer. i have used my link on my desktop to reach it and as you can see in the right window in fileexplorer you dont see any link to bubba, its there sometimes and sometimes not :(??? and in the left you see it just because i used an link to it.
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

Ok first problem solved when i changed it to router/server it seems to work to copy files, but my bubba still dont come up in fileexplorer i have to use a link i have created earlier on my desktop why??? little booring