New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

*Nuub* Why can´t i access my ftp from WAN

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
spegeln

*Nuub* Why can´t i access my ftp from WAN

Post by spegeln »

I having problem accessin my ftp from the internet. I have enable the FTP service and the "Allow FTP from WAN:(port 21)" in the firewall.

Soo, how come it does not work?
Binkem

Re: *Nuub* Why can´t i access my ftp from WAN

Post by Binkem »

I suppose you can access the FTP from the LAN side?
Is your Bubba connected directly to the internet? or is there a modem/router in between. This may block FTP access.
ian

Post by ian »

How are you testing this? When I set up external FTP access for the first time, I tried testing it by accessing my public IP address from inside my home network, which apparently usually doesn't work (something called loopback I believe). When I tested it from work, lo and behold it worked. I also remember that I had to very specific about some settings when enabling FTP access from my mobile phone (something about passive mode) so that may also be a problem.
spegeln

Post by spegeln »

My Bubba Two is connect to the internet using the WAN interface.

There is no problem using the ftp service från the LAN inteface.

To test the ftp service i use http://www.net2ftp.com/ to make sure that the connetion really come from the internet.

I also tried to connect from a friends pc over the internet. I got "connection refuse". doesn´t that mean my firewall still i blocking port 21?
saxmark

Post by saxmark »

It isn´t so that you are testing to the *.bubbaserver.com adress ?

My solution was to point in a real dns like no-ip or as in my case i used my own dns and it worked flawless.

The bubbaserver.com adress seems to only work via port 80.. All other ports seems to end up at another system..
Gerrard

Post by Gerrard »

I have a similar problem. If I tries to access my bubba with the external ipaddress I get from my isp(bredbandsbolaget) I end up in my modem. Hence my modem act as som kind of router.

Is there any pppoe login client availble for Bubba? If so I should be able to bridge my modem and let Bubba take care of the login procedure.
ian

Post by ian »

It could be that you need to set up NAT/port-forwarding in your modem, ie. you need to open certain ports (port 21 for FTP, port 22 for SSH I believe), and point them to the WAN IP address of your bubba 2....
Gerrard

Post by Gerrard »

ian wrote:It could be that you need to set up NAT/port-forwarding in your modem, ie. you need to open certain ports (port 21 for FTP, port 22 for SSH I believe), and point them to the WAN IP address of your bubba 2....
Yes I have thought of that, but since I want to use my bubba as a firewall/router shouldn't all traffic go through the Bubba?

If I use nat/port-forwarding then the modem will become a router before the bubba.
ingens

Post by ingens »

FTP on bubba uses server ports 20 and 21. See also Bubba online manual, section "REACHING BUBBA FROM OUTSIDE". You have written only about forwarding port 21.

I am running my bubba in server-only mode, and forwarding ports 20 and 21 was the only thing I needed to do to make my ftp public.
mango

Post by mango »

I have also the same problem as ingens.
I use bubba as "server-only". It means internet <->modem/router (Fritzbox7170) <-> bubba|two
I use port-forwarding in my modem/router for port 20, 21 and 22
but I can't reach bubba using ftp or ssh from outside.
How should I set the connection then?
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

you're asking the same question on two different threads. It seems your problem is your router. Be sure to fix this issue first.