New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Horde: Swedish characters chopped of in inline preview

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
trencarbe

Horde: Swedish characters chopped of in inline preview

Post by trencarbe »

Configured Horde to receive mail, but the subject line and inline preview show text until the first 'å', 'ä', 'ö'. The rest is not shown.

I have to double click the mail to see the complete subject line text and the message text.

Is the option 'The default charset for messages with no charset information: ' guilty somehow?

Anybody more that experienced this??
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

We have also noted that the language support in horde is not all that we hoped it would be.
I assume that you have logged in using the option "Svenska". In this case the browser is told that the charset used is ISO-8859-1 but swedish letters does not show up.
If you instead log in using English, the browser is told to use UTF-8 and swedish characters seems to be working.

/PA, Excito
trencarbe

Post by trencarbe »

nice, works like a charm!

I thought having the GUI in Swedish would be nice, but English is good as well - as long I get to read my mail in a convenient way...!
trencarbe

Post by trencarbe »

btw, is the SyncML connector activated by default in your installation of Horde?
trencarbe

Post by trencarbe »

never mind about my question about syncing, it works out of the box with Synthesis SyncML client.

Here's my connection string in the Synthesis client:
http://192.168.1.100/pim/rpc.php

Enter horde account username /password.
Enter what to sync (contacts, events, tasks)
Remove the 'sync only 30 days before / 90 after today' option.
Sync!