New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

rename directory

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
billdbr

rename directory

Post by billdbr »

Hello,

In my storage directory I have a directory called "Accordéon Melancolique" ( minus the quotes )
When I try to enter this directory in the filemanager I get: Invalid path or access denied for user 'bill'
I think this is caused by the é
How do I rename the directory?
In filemanager there is no action "rename"

On the command line I tried the mv command:
bill@zefod:/home/storage/music/MP3's$ mv Accordéon\ Melancolique/ Accordeon\ Melancolique/
mv: target `Accordeon Melancolique/' is not a directory: No such file or directory
??

Bill
MaverikCH

Post by MaverikCH »

i guess you got linux as operating system on your pc?
well, i'm using windows. which goes vey easy for renameing.

do you got the default settings like nobody = all rights or did you set a specific user for access to the folder? as mentioned you got a user named bill created on bubba. if linux works similar to windows you may need a user bill on pc and bubba with same password. otherwise normally you will get the network login mask.

I think the philosophy of the filemanager in bubba admin is as following:
creating direcotry, move the files from old to new one and then delete the old.

Maybe you have to down and upload files.

> see user manual / storage
carl

Re: rename directory

Post by carl »

billdbr wrote:Hello,

In my storage directory I have a directory called "Accordéon Melancolique" ( minus the quotes )
When I try to enter this directory in the filemanager I get: Invalid path or access denied for user 'bill'
I think this is caused by the é
How do I rename the directory?
In filemanager there is no action "rename"

On the command line I tried the mv command:
bill@zefod:/home/storage/music/MP3's$ mv Accordéon\ Melancolique/ Accordeon\ Melancolique/
mv: target `Accordeon Melancolique/' is not a directory: No such file or directory
??

Bill
Regarding the filemanager, we have just confirmed and located the problem, and will release an upgrade for it as soon as possible;

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
billdbr

Post by billdbr »

I was able to rename the drectories.

I think I had the same problem once with a mysql database

Leo