New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Error copy files :(

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
winzhangout

Error copy files :(

Post by winzhangout »

Allways allways allways since i bought the bubba i cant copy files to it. It says an problem has occured and i have option to try again or cancel and if i try again it will not go any further anyway. This error occur in both Vista/XP and OSX. Now when i come home from an long holiday i saw the new update 1.2.1 i hoped it will make it work but no =(.. And now i need it as only backup solution and if its not work as that should i put it in garbage or will you refund me or help me?

Best regards Kim
Eek

Re: Error copy files :(

Post by Eek »

we love to help :D
what are you trying to do?
how are you trying to copy files to the bubba?
cheers
Eek
cheers
Eek
asparak

Post by asparak »

Does the user you are trying to copy as, have permission to write to the desitnation directory? Linux and Unix are very particular about who can do what - where.
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

say i try to copy 100 small files to bubba and every time it get the error occur mess after say 50 files or next time 30 files i cant never copy all files to bubba :(
Eek

Post by Eek »

using samba?
ftp?
scp?
cheers
Eek
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

in vista fileexplorer same in xp and same in mac allways same crash have never copy over 10 files without error :(
asparak

Post by asparak »

well... Itcan sometimes be a little slow via the GUI tools, I'll admit and it could be timing out on you, but it can be done. I transferred a couple of hundred gigs of images that way. Check your SAMBA config is correct, but I don't see major issues from Vista 32-bit or 64-bit or Snow Leopard

Try ftp or scp as these will be much faster anyway
carl

Post by carl »

It's sad to hear you still got problem; and we will do everything to try resolve this issue. To better pinpoint the error, I would like some information from you regarding your setup:
  • How many files do you try to copy?
  • How large is the biggest file?
  • How much total are you trying to copy?
  • How much data approximately can you deduce have been copied when the error occurs?
  • Does it error on the same file?
  • Are you copying from or to the bubba?
  • Is your computer directly connected to the bubba on the LAN port, or is there an switch in between? If a switch, can you tell me what brand it is?
  • Is the full connection between the bubba and your computer 100Mbit or 1000Mbit
  • Do you know the brand of the ethernet card on your stationary computer?
Also, after upgrade to 1.2.1, did you reboot the bubba?
Sadly in our test environment, we have never been able to reproduce this or similar problem, thus we need as much data as possible to be able to reproduce the environment and hopefully as soon as possible find the cause and solve it.

/Carl Fürstenberg
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

Its dosent matters if i try to cop 100 small image files or 100 50mb files it allways get error after some minutes or seconds, and i have rebooted it after 1.2.1. I have the bubba as only server. And i have an laptop wireless with vista, and an mac wireless and an server connected with wire running XP. And all the computers getting same problem. I have problems both copy to bubba and copy from it. And lots of files and folders on bubba storage i cant delete at all not even trough internet. I will try to reset the bubba and install it from scratch and hope it solve my problem. The only shit is all my files on it cant be copied :( 20gb of pictures and about 200gb of important files :(:(. I tryed to format my extern drive from bubba software and then move files trough it and when i disconnected it i cant connect it bubba says its wrong file system, really hope i can reach the files on it some way or else i start to cry. beacause i move files to it and then the bubba erased the file on it.
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Hello All,

I know this problem...it sometimes happens to me too.. i use coreftp to transport large amount of files of different sizes.

what is noticed what a hickup in communication, core FTP tries to reconnect to resume on the file. BUT the file is locked and connaot be written to anymore. I have to remove the partial copied file to be able to copy the file again. Until now i gave core ftp the cause of the fault..

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Forgot something...

When sending large amount of data, it almost happens everytime..so it should be reproducable by you guys..

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

Ok now i reinstalled the system. Now it works copy from bubba <-> mac but on my PC i cant copy files to the bubba when trying to copy like example 10 pictures i get errer occur after 1 pictures, i have tryed alot of files without succed =( i can copy files from it but not to it. ANY suggestion?? fileexplorer in XP and VISTA.
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

To try to pinpoint the issue here, can you connect your PC directly to Bubba without any switches inbetween, just the cable?

Trying this will show us if adding the switch is what is causing the troubles.
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

ok so the ethernet cable from lan or wlan? direkc to pc ethernet port?
pa

Post by pa »

Connect it directly to Bubbas LAN port from your PC.

/PA