New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba|2 WiFi (new) "no valid WAN connection"

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
theWebalyst

Bubba|2 WiFi (new) "no valid WAN connection"

Post by theWebalyst »

My Bubba|2 WiFi and Bubba Storage arrived today. Very quick. The system log shows it was running only two days ago!

Anyway, so far I am just using Bubba|2 and NetGear WiFi Router (NG) and have had the following working fine:
a) laptop to NG-WiFi, NG to B2 by Lan cable, NG to internet by WAN cable: laptop access to Bubba & web ok
b) laptop to B2-WiFi, NG to B2 by Lan cable, NG to internet by WAN cable: access to Bubba & web ok

But B2 does not work with my WAN. I know my WAN cable is fine because it works with NG, but if I take the cable out of NGR and plug it into B2, then B2 never recognises it. In this configuration I have tried changing Network Profile from automatic to router+firewall+server, and then restarting B2. But when I visit the Firewall settings they are still locked, confirming B2 doesn't see the WAN.

I don't know what else to try. If the WAN works when plugged into NG, surely moving the cable to B2's WAN connector should work (i.e. I can't have a duff cable, or the wrong cable, and I'm definitely plugging it into the correct -lower- socket).

Please don't say I have to send it back!

Mark
Henri

Re: Bubba|2 WiFi (new) "no valid WAN connection"

Post by Henri »

Have you tested/used the B2's WAN port with NG ?

B2 [WAN] <---> NG [LAN]

If you set Bubba's Network profile to "Router + Firewall + Server" , set WAN to DHCP and connect Bubba's WAN port to router LAN port what happens?
Does Bubba get an IP address from router and can you get to Internet through Bubba?
theWebalyst

Post by theWebalyst »

Thanks Henri for your quick response.

I have now tried this and it works (and I'm using it now). After trying this I tried once again to connect B2-WAN to cable modem. Once using Bubba patch cable, and once using cable modem cable (as earlier). Both times I restarted Bubba just to be sure. But no internet.

Sounds bad? :cry:

Mark
willem2

Post by willem2 »

Did you reset the cable modem? May be a DHCP release problem?

Succes!
theWebalyst

Post by theWebalyst »

Dear wilem2

Success! Indeed 8)

Thank you very much. Now why did I forget to try that. Doh!? Well I have a habby Bubba|2 WiFi.

So.. to attach Storage!

Have a great day.

Mark