New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

wiki.excito.org?

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!
yooakim

wiki.excito.org?

Post by yooakim »

I frequently come back to this site to find how-to and specific instructions.

There are plenty of useful tips, hints and practical hands-ons buried in the forum.

But sometimes there are small omissions or changes to the instructions and the instructions aren't always easy to find

So I would like to suggest a wiki.excito.org - it would be so much easier if we all could contribute and make the how-tos better.

What do you all think?

Cheers,
Yooakim
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Hi

This request has come up a number of times. There is some effort to start the wiki (including a bit by myself), but it currently is prioritized below other things (such as getting the new OS ready). I personally support Excito's policy to hold back the wiki untill it contains a substantial curated body of data. Furthermore, we should not forget that wikis require moderation. Technical forums often suffer from people over-estimating their own skills and sending other users down the drain. If a wiki is located on the Excito domain, many people will view the information there as guaranteed by Excito and they will blame the company if that info (submitted by some unknown user) turns out to be false. This then results in warranty claims etc etc.

My personal opinion is also that we should hold back with building the wiki dataset untill the new OS has arrived. This should be within reasonable time.

Ubi
yooakim

Thanks for the update!

Post by yooakim »

I see your point and think it is a valid one.

And I am of-course in favour of more focus on updates to my bubba than spending time on the wiki...

But I strongly feel there is a need to shape-up the documentation. The bubba is such a great piece that i feels stupid not to have a well organised "how-to" and similar.

But I can wait :-)

A small comment about the spam problem. Why canät the wiki me setup so that only people who have bought a bubba (Excito has the email adresses I think?) can participate?

That would make sens in my mind since we are talking about a piece of hardware.

Cheers,
joakim