New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

3 TB support

Announcements from Excito
johannes

3 TB support

Post by johannes »

Now, the Excito B3 supports 3TB disks. If you need to update your old B3 to support 3TB, follow this guide.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
DanielM

Re: 3 TB support

Post by DanielM »

johannes wrote:Now, the Excito B3 supports 3TB disks. If you need to update your old B3 to support 3TB, follow this guide.
Just a question (one that I'd ask if I were the owner of a 3TB disk): Is there any way to see the version of uboot on the B3? Or is it a matter of "If you want to use a 3TB disk you'd better upgrade just in case"?

/Daniel
johannes

Post by johannes »

Good question:

All units manufactured up until 2011-06-30 does _not_ have 3TB support. However, there will always be a period of time when people don't know the manufacturing date, and in that case, apply the update before upgrading your disk just in case. And naturally, all units sold with 3TB from us do have this upgrade.
CoachZ

Post by CoachZ »

I just cloned my old 1TB WD Green disk on the bubba two to a 3 TB WD Red. I wasnt able to extend the Bubba Home Partition to 3TB with GParted, so i added another Partition with the size of 2 TB. On the Disk Admin page it shows up as :

Partition Partition Size
/dev/sda4 1.0KB

#pvs gives me
PV VG Fmt Attr PSize PFree
/dev/sda2 bubba lvm2 -- 921.08g 0

but i can not mount it, mounting gives me an error "Failed to aquire suitable type of the filesystem on partition /dev/sda4"

Can someone point me in the right direction, is it even possible to have partitions above 2 TB with bubba two? Has the Bootloader to be updated? If yes please let me and more upgraders know.
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Probably a silly question, but now that the software versions for both the B2 and B3 have been harmonized, does that mean there is 3 TB support for the B2 as well? I'd like to be sure before I go out and buy one...

Eelco.
johannes

Post by johannes »

No, sorry, B2 does not support 3TB disks, maximum 2 TB.
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

johannes wrote:No, sorry, B2 does not support 3TB disks, maximum 2 TB.
Will it do 3TB external usb disks?
johannes

Post by johannes »

it probably will work, yes, but no guarantees
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Will it do 3TB external usb disks?
I have not managed to get any >2TB disks to work via USB.
I've tried three different SATA/USB adapters, none worked - not even the brand new one with USB 3 support.
They also fail on my Ubuntu 12.04 desktop PC...
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

Is there anything i can do to make b2 accept 3tb? Except doing any hardware modifications.