New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New Mybubba.org servers

Announcements from Excito
Ubi

Re: New Mybubba.org servers

Post by Ubi »

well, easyfind.mybubba.org is up, but not yet properly connected to the two databases (pdns and proddb). The two databases are present and populated, but the credentials need to be worked out. Also, code must be changed so taht theproddb lookup is now local.
Henri

Post by Henri »

Ubi wrote:ok, so after 3 hours we have a grand total of 708 unique IP addresses that contact easyfind. Load on the machine is exactly 0.00 thanks to gordons magic with nginx.
That was fast and efficient :)

Just out of curiosity about how Easyfind works. Does the Easyfind still appear to work (Bubba can be reached with Easyfind address) for those users, whose IP-address has not changed since Easyfind went down?
Or did the Easyfind stop working for all users after server switch and so on.
johannes

Post by johannes »

It _should_ work now until your IP adress changes, but I can't test to make sure right now.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Can I assume these are bought (or leased) licenses?

Since these certificates are used to support devices that we control ourselves, it should be okay to create our own snakeoil authority and push that out with any next update. There's really no need to have others confirm that we are who we are, because we know who we are. Simply create a certificate that won't expire for the next 100 years and we won't have any issues with that mechanism any more.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Ubi wrote:ok, so after 3 hours we have a grand total of 708 unique IP addresses that contact easyfind. Load on the machine is exactly 0.00 thanks to gordons magic with nginx.
Good to hear. I guess you're checking CPU usage? And maybe memory usage. Also verify network usage: handling of TCP can consume a lot of CPU time that will not register when only looking at the process that sends/receives the packages. The number of IP addresses collected will likely not cause any issues, but with a number of other network related processes you wouldn't want to get too close to where it might become a DDoS situation.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

This is running on a server cluster that also handles 700 web sites and a few hundred mailboxes. The 800 packets should be minor compared to the spam I get on that.... It'll be ok/ But thanks anyway, I'll keep an eye on it =)
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

anyway, today I fixed the main issue in the old server that prevented easyfind from working. It's not the best fix but it works.

Also, the easyfind system on the new hardware is taking shape. The *big* problem here is dat the server names and sometimes even the IP addresses of those old servers are hardcoded in the middle of multiple files scattered over the hard disk. This makes migrating not easy. There's also still an issue in the code where the DNS name and tha hardware name are not properly connected. I think this is a bug in the original code, but because that code is almost witouh any documentation it's not trivial to find out why the coupling is not made.

oh and the sources are now added to update.mybubba.org
stasheck

Post by stasheck »

Back to the forum and sad news (for Excito) and great news (from community).

If you are still interested in backup, I have 20 GB to spare and static IP. PM me if interested.
cinko

Re: New Mybubba org servers

Post by cinko »

I have reinstalled my B3. I want to update it through the button on the main page.

How do I enable it with the new servers?
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

you shouldnt need to change anything. Whats the error message that you receive?
Gerti

Post by Gerti »

Hi!

I think he had same issue like me.
If you press the Update Button after a fresh installed B3 (with b3-install-2.4.1.1) it looks like it started but there was no progress.
So I finally did it manually via
change_distribution elvin
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

Does it maybe looks for the wrong distribution?

Best
Michael
Gerti

Post by Gerti »

Hi!

It stucks (now, after the manual Update) directly on Hotfix part:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/szzg7d38o2hht ... 5.png?dl=0

I'm not sure if it was same before, but I can test I maybe tomorrow.
Nevertheless it also stucks directly at the beginning.

Best
Michael
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

We are working on bringing the hotfix server back online (it has been shut down on 15th december due to the bankruptcy). Hopefully it should be back online next week.
Gerti

Post by Gerti »

Hi!

That is great news.
I'm sorry to hear about the bankruptcy, the B3 is a very nice toy...

Best
Michael
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

MouettE wrote:We are working on bringing the hotfix server back online (it has been shut down on 15th december due to the bankruptcy). Hopefully it should be back online next week.
It took a little bit longer than expected but the original excito hotfix server is finally back online. I didn't have time to test it with a b3 but if someone could try to do an update from the web interface and confirm that it works it would be cool.