New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Excito B3 brand and remaining B3 stock purchased !

Announcements from Excito
beaufils

Re: Excito B3 brand and remaining B3 stock purchased !

Post by beaufils »

Thank's for the quick reply.

I visited the excitostore and found a price of 154€ with "Europe accelerated" shipment.

Here are some others questions following your answer and my visit :

- Is the difference your announced price of 195 € and the 154 € price on the website due to VAT in my country ?

- What is the usual delay for "Europe accelerated" shipment ?

- You say that you build some new units, do you build new units with an updated Debian version (jessie) ? Where are your units build ?

- Did you make some public announcements about this new availability somewhere (outside this forum) ?

- Do you have some plans of new kind of units (with Wifi for instance) ?
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Sorry if there is any confusion about this: I am not from Excito or its current owner Rodeus. I'm just a user like you.

Accelerated shipment as I understand is by air. It should not take more than a few days, but local customs procedures can put a delay on this. From experience: you'll receive a letter telling you to pay VAT plus a fixed fee (usually 10-15 Euro) to the shipment company that is handling your VAT declaration. Yes, that is the cause for the price difference. The most annoying part being the shipment company hustling you for a "handling" fee while they already accepted money for delivering the goods to you. Apparently this is all legal.

MoettE who is in close contact with the current owners of the Excito brand has been doing some development to run Lenny on the B3. To my knowledge this does not include the B3 web interface for managing the device. The official "firmware" is still the Debian Squeeze based "Bubba OS". If you're interested in running one of the most recent Linux releases, you might be interested in one of the user projects you'll find in the Development forum. People are running e.g. Arch and Gentoo and there's also a project (mine :wink: ) that adds the B3 web interface to the Gentoo release from Sakaki.
beaufils

Post by beaufils »

Thank's for all the information. Sorry for the confusion on your status :-)

It is a shame that no information appears on the Rodeus web page concerning b3 stuff.

I will have a look to the development part of the forum knowing I would like to stick with Debian, and that I do not need the web interface ;-)

I have had a look earlier this year about Lenny transition posts but unfortunately there seems to be a lot of confusing informations (contradictory or difficult to follow messages). I will look at them again.

I hoped that someone which was able to do a transition on a b3 box had written a howto on the wiki but it is not the case. This is why I am interested in accessing (which mean buying) one (mine contains too much important data to try that transition on it). However 200€ without disk is a little bit expansive (same price as something like the QNAP HS-210 for instance).

Thank's again for the help.