New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Updated Syslog

Good ideas? Share with us!
dazed

Updated Syslog

Post by dazed »

I am trying use my Bubba as a syslog server.

When doing so dmesg gives me the following warning:

process `syslogd' is using obsolete setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT

I note that bubba is running syslogd version 1.4.1.

As far as I can tell Syslog on Debian is now at 1.5

Any chance of including the latest version in the next update?

Thanks.
tor

Re: Updated Syslog

Post by tor »

Hi dazed,

Could you provide some more detail in how you proceed when this fails? The error message really should not be fatal and thus not stop the remote logging.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
dazed

Re: Updated Syslog

Post by dazed »

Could you provide some more detail in how you proceed when this fails? The error message really should not be fatal and thus not stop the remote logging.
Sorry for the miss understanding.

The syslogd works successfully on the current Bubba2 system as a syslog collector, (once the appropriate config file entries are changed of course :) ).

As you say the error is not fatal.

Though I have not yet got IP address filtering to work. While I believe this is implemented in the BSD version, I am not yet sure it is implemented in the debian version. - but that's my problem to resolve for the moment.

The reason for the post in the feature request board, was more to point out that Syslog etc is out of date and depending on priorities would be worth bring up to date.

again sorry for the confusion.

Dazed