New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

minidlna package and Sony Bravia and other TVs support

Good ideas? Share with us!
JC

minidlna package and Sony Bravia and other TVs support

Post by JC »

I've installed minidlna on my B2 (Ver 2. SW) from the excito repository, and in fact it works fine with the troublesome Sony Bravia DLNA implementation.

The package does seem to have a little bug though, as It doesn't start automatically when the B2 is rebooted. As far as I can debug, it seems that the rc start attempt is done before the network is completely initialized, causing the deamon to exit with failure. Reconfiguring the rc start attempt by delaying start a little seems to resolve the problem though. Haven't checked if this problem only applies to "Server only" mode as I'm using in my setup, or also applies when you use the box in "Router+Firewall+Server" mode and with both WAN and LAN interfaces connected.

Is it possible to correct this bug in the minidlna package, and maybe implement the feature under Services in the GUI and thereby allowing to install and start/stop this feature ?
Last edited by JC on 12 May 2010, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
pcrene

Re: minidlna package and Sony Bravia and other TVs support

Post by pcrene »

Hello JC,

Could you make a HowTo for me?

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
JC

Re: minidlna package and Sony Bravia and other TVs support

Post by JC »

For a Howto please go to the Howtos forum under Hacking, and find "Using Sony Bravia televisions with Bubba|Two software ver. 2".

Link: http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 28&start=0