New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

SABnzbd+ Installed

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
dan13l

SABnzbd+ Installed

Post by dan13l »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know that I've managed to install SABnzbd+ on Bubba|Two for nzb newsgroup downloading. I'll post instructions once I've had a chance to test it for a while. It's all Python based.

Dan.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

Great! I was just considering asking if anyone had installed newsgroups yet :)
dan13l

Post by dan13l »

Everything seems to be working OK. My Bubba|Two will now download, parity check, and unrar files after being fed an nzb. Everything gets saved away to an external eSATA drive, sorted into nice neat little folders.

Instructions coming shortly. I might reset Bubba and start from scratch so I don't forget any of the steps.
Ton

Post by Ton »

Good news :D

I'm very interested to read your instructions, because I just wanted to give it a try myself, but it will probably save a lot of time to follow your instructions rather than make all your mistakes again :wink:

When do you think you will publish your experiances ??

Was it straigt forward, or was a lot of hacking needed ?

Thanks in advance,

Ton.
dan13l

Post by dan13l »

Time for an update.

I've been testing this over the last few days, and it seems to be a nice little solution. There are a couple of things to keep in mind though, to do with performance:

Streaming content from Bubba is affected by the high CPU load brought on by parity checking and unraring downloads.
In relation to this, parity checking can take quite a long time, as Bubba|Two's CPU isn't the most powerful thing in the world. A 1.2gb download took 45 minutes to check.

If you can accept these things (and I can, because I download over night, so time and performance impact isn't an issue) then this could be a good solution.

As soon as I find time to write thing up I will do.

Cheers,

Dan.
post4ivo

Post by post4ivo »

Any news on Sbnzbd and installation instructions? This would be much appreciated!

Are there other usenetgrabbers tested on the Bubba?

Thnx!
RoBo

Re: SABnzbd+ Installed

Post by RoBo »

Has anyone a sollution for this?
dan13l

Post by dan13l »

I never did get around to posting a step by step guide.

You've essentially got to get python installed, and once that's on you can install and configure Sabnzbd+.

Give it a try!
post4ivo

Post by post4ivo »

I'm kind of a Unix noob. Last time I used it was back in 1984 and only the basics. But I really like to get Sabnzbd up and running on my Bubba 2.

I managed to install Python 2.5 but I see Python 2.4 is still running. Should I change it to 2.5 or will Sabnzbd run on 2.4?

Changing to Python 2.5 should be done as follows (according to microspino):
as root
cd /usr/bin
rm python
ln python2.5 python

The download link for sabnzbd is:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbd ... z/download

So I should command as root:
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbd ... z/download
tar xzvf SABnzbd-0.4.11-src.tar.gz
cd SABnzbd-0.4.11-src
sudo python setup.py install

Is this correct?

How do i start Sabnzbd?
cd SABnzbd-0.4.11-src
Sabnzbd

Can I approach the webinterface by http://bubba:8080/sabnzbd/ or another port?

Thanks for any help!
razor1394

Post by razor1394 »

I've posted how I got it installed in my thread in the support forum. Everything works except reaching the web interface but I'm too lazy to fix it haha.

http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 8631#p8631

edit:

I fixed the web interface problem by switching ip to 0.0.0.0. See more in my thread.