New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Running Debian lenny or squeeze on Bubba Two

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
mike_nl

Re: Running Debian lenny or squeeze on Bubba Two

Post by mike_nl »

Good morning Johannes,

that sounds good to have an update in the next two weeks. I am still on my bubba two and the litte bay is running as well :D.

I hope i will find the time in the next weeks to put the mpd and usb sound card stuff to the wiki. To much work around my day job, about that the lag of time. Also a little graphical update for the phpmp+ version. Possible in the honeycomb style.
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

Hello,

I've started to play with the 2.3E image, to see wether it may solve my printing issue on 2.0. So far so good, it still prints after a reboot, which is quite an achievement, we'll see in the long run !

However would it be possible to release also the kernel sources for this version (or at least for the official release ) ? I usually compile a custom kernel, because I need the advanced router option activated.
carl

Post by carl »

The kernel source is just an "apt-get source" away. :)
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
paulchany

Post by paulchany »

Hi,

can one get at any time from any Bubba 2 release a clean (except bubba kernel) Debian Squeeze system following the steps wrote down at the beginning of this thread?

Say I have installed a b2-install-2.3D image and with it the Debian Squeeze. What would happen if I get rid of bubba packages with 'aptitude purge bubba-package1, bubba.package2, etc'?

Certainly one must then setup stuff like Firewall, LAN, Port Forwarding, etc. to get a clean Debian server/firewall/gateway from it's Bubba 2, right?
Best, Pali