New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Scheduler in HomeAutomation 3.0

"The best web gui for controlling your home using Telldus Tellstick"
Tompa

Scheduler in HomeAutomation 3.0

Post by Tompa »

Hi,

I have been trying HA 3.0 for a few days and really love it! Works like a charm, everything but the scheduler that is :?

If I create a schedule with only 2 activities that are sun controlled it doesn't show in "Upcoming events" and nothing triggers. However if I follow the example from the documentation with static triggers as first and last it shows in the event list.

Am I missing something or is it not supported to only use sun controlled triggers? In my case I would like to turn my outside lamps on upon sunset and turn them off again upon sunrise.

Edit: After some more fiddeling with this it seems to work if I change the order so the first activation is "turn off at sunrise" and the last is "turn on at sunset". A bit strange perhaps but I guess there are some heavy logic to handle the canceling out problems in combination with static activations :-)

/Tomas
DanielM

Re: Scheduler in HomeAutomation 3.0

Post by DanielM »

Tompa wrote: Am I missing something or is it not supported to only use sun controlled triggers? In my case I would like to turn my outside lamps on upon sunset and turn them off again upon sunrise.

Edit: After some more fiddeling with this it seems to work if I change the order so the first activation is "turn off at sunrise" and the last is "turn on at sunset". A bit strange perhaps but I guess there are some heavy logic to handle the canceling out problems in combination with static activations :-)
The activation that is the first one during the day (ie the sunrise) should be the first one in the list, otherwise the scheduler thinks that you mean that the sunset (on the same day) should occur before the sunrise, which seldom happens. So the activations "take out" each other. As you suspect, there is quite much logic build into the scheduler :D

/Daniel