New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New release for Bubba|TWO: 1.1.4

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
rdaneel

Post by rdaneel »

Hi Tor,

which logs do you want? only syslog?

ralph
Daniel.T

Post by Daniel.T »

How to export log-files?

Or should I only Copy Paste from Admin Page?
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

2.6.26.5 is my kernel is my system updated then? is that the latest? dont sure my update function so just need to check.
jws

Post by jws »

nfs-kernel-server (which now works) is really an improvement on nfs-user-server.

Now I can transfer large files to and from Bubba2 while at the same time my wife is watching a film on the same Bubba2. With nfs-user-server, such activities caused hiccups and gaps in the display of the film.

Thanks for the upgrade, Excito.

jws
tiddler

Post by tiddler »

Daniel.T wrote:My Bubba have also locked several times after update to 1.1.4 during transfer over SMB.

But the speed of transfers is better after upgrade, 6.8MB/s over 100Mb/s network. (Discussed in other Topic).
Same here.

In fact, I think my Bubba locks more frequently after the upgrade.

I can easily lock the bubba2 by copying two 2GB files to the bubba at the same time via SMB.

Any thoughts on a fix?
tiddler

Post by tiddler »

tiddler wrote:
Daniel.T wrote:My Bubba have also locked several times after update to 1.1.4 during transfer over SMB.

But the speed of transfers is better after upgrade, 6.8MB/s over 100Mb/s network. (Discussed in other Topic).
Same here.

In fact, I think my Bubba locks more frequently after the upgrade.

I can easily lock the bubba2 by copying two 2GB files to the bubba at the same time via SMB.

Any thoughts on a fix?
The freeze also happens when I use AFP.
It doesn't look to be an issue with SMB.
winzhangout

Post by winzhangout »

Same here when copying files to bubba in widows it freeze and its impossible to restart using the swith och backside i have to remove the power cable =(. Not very good
tiddler

Post by tiddler »

I just removed the power cable after a freeze and now my torrent downloading queue has cleared.

Nothing happens if I try to add a new torrent either.
jonte

Post by jonte »

tiddler wrote:I just removed the power cable after a freeze and now my torrent downloading queue has cleared.

Nothing happens if I try to add a new torrent either.
I'm also having problems with the torrent download manager after update. I haven't had to restart the B2 due to hanging though.
jsh

Post by jsh »

Are there any updates on the Squeezecenter issues? I have switched back to using my Mac as the Squeeze server, but this is why I bought Bubba!
MaverikCH

Post by MaverikCH »

jsh wrote:Are there any updates on the Squeezecenter issues? I have switched back to using my Mac as the Squeeze server, but this is why I bought Bubba!
Did updateing package over ssh access with apt-get not work?
jsh

Post by jsh »

Haven't tried it yet...do I need to uninstall first?
bolt

Post by bolt »

MaverikCH wrote:no i'm confused %-)

after a long long long while i tried it again. and now its running.
wtf..
how did you ' activate ' it? I cannot reach bubba:9000 either.

plz help, thx

update: after a Looong wait bubba:9000 works again! Just run MaverikCH's trick and skip the second question (upgrade mysql database or something) in the interface.

thanks dude!!
bolt

Post by bolt »

another problem occurs when i choose deezer or lastFM from the music services. I get the following message:

There was an error loading the remote feed for Deezer: (JSON::XS::from_json has been renamed to decode_json, either downgrade to pre-2.0 versions of JSON::XS or rename the call at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Formats/XML.pm line 291

with lastFM the message is the same...

reading the message... i think.. rename what into what?!? any help is very welcome.

regards
tor

Post by tor »

Hi all,

A short update regarding the troubles with the 1.1.4 upgrade.

Regarding problems with SqueezeCenter, if you experience problems with this i recommend you contacting support@excito.com for help.

Regarding stability problems. We have now a testing kernel that we consider being an release candidate for a bugfix upgrade. More information in this thread freeze/hang issue

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer