New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.2.0

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
tor

Post by tor »

This is a new major upgrade. The upgrade is available both as a firmware upgrade and a new install image.

How to upgrade
To upgrade a running system, make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Choose "settings" menu entry. Choose "Update" in the sub menu. Press the "Update" button.

Since the update service depends on root access to the MySQL database, if you have changed the default password the update will fail. If it has been changed, run the update from the command line. Default options should be ok, but you need to provide your MySQL root password.

Install
To (re)install a system please read the manual, section "INSTALLING & REINSTALLING SOFTWARE".

New features and major changes
  • I18N the UI now supports multiple languages. For now English and German is available.
  • Easyfind upgraded to a real DNS service. This means that all services is available under the registered name. (Before only HTTP(S) worked via the registered name)
    • Note that the new domain for B3 is myownb3.com and you have to register again to use this.
Beyond this numerous bug fixes and upgrades has been made on the base operating system, user interface and album application.
DanielM

Re: Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.2.0

Post by DanielM »

Thanks for the update!
Just one small question:

I did the update from terminal using apt-get dist-upgrade. I got a question from the package sysv-rc if I want to move over to dependancy based booting. Answered no for the time being. Would it be a good idea to activate this on my B3?

And also I'd like to notice that for me the update activated printing (cups), which was deactivated. So for other users, if you don't want printing there might be a good idea to check the services in the web admin after upgrading.

/Daniel
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Will the new EasyFind service be rolled out for previous versions of the Bubba server?
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Hello Tor,

Can i be at service for the dutch translations?

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi,

After updating using the web interface I noticed this in /var/log/mail.log:
Nov 12 23:01:07 b3 postfix/sendmail[3098]: fatal: open /etc/postfix/main.cf: Permission denied

It seems the update has changed the permissions:
-rw------- 1 root www-data 2013 Nov 12 22:58 main.cf

Cheers,

Cheeseboy
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

yes this file should be 644 instead. Securing this file is not usefull since the postconf command gives the same data anyway, and there rarely is anything valuable in that file

ubi
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Sorry, should have mentioned that I fixed it. I just wanted to bring it to Excito's attention.

Cheers,

Chesseboy
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Cheeseboy wrote:Sorry, should have mentioned that I fixed it. I just wanted to bring it to Excito's attention.
Same thing here. Thanks for the heads up!

/Daniel
yooakim

Post by yooakim »

Thanks for the update.

I did the update via the web interface. Now all I have is:

Code: Select all

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at b3 Port 80
I can login using PuTTY but the web interface is down.

Any ideas what I should do?

/Joakim
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

yooakim wrote:I can login using PuTTY but the web interface is down.

Any ideas what I should do?
Feels like some part of the upgrade went wrong. I think first thing I'd try would be an "apt-get dist-upgrade" (as root) and see what happens.

Maybe also simply try restarting apache (/etc/init.d/apache2 restart) could help?

/Daniel
yooakim

Post by yooakim »

Thanks,

I did check the apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.

Did a re-boot and now it works fine.

Weird...
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

pcrene wrote:Can i be at service for the dutch translations?
I think the best place to start would be in /usr/share/web-admin/admin/views/default/i18n/, seems like the translation specific stuff resides there. I haven't been digging any deeper in how you add new languagees to the interface though.

Quite interesting also to see that the swedish translation is partly finished :D

/Daniel
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

yooakim wrote:Thanks,

I did check the apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.

Did a re-boot and now it works fine.

Weird...
Good to hear. My personal opinion is that it feels safer to do upgrades from the shell, you're more in control there. But of course it's a shame to not use Excitos beautiful web gui :D

/Daniel
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

DanielM wrote:
pcrene wrote:Can i be at service for the dutch translations?
I think the best place to start would be in /usr/share/web-admin/admin/views/default/i18n/, seems like the translation specific stuff resides there. I haven't been digging any deeper in how you add new languagees to the interface though.
Ok, I've cracked this one now :D

If you start with copying some of the other directories in /usr/share/web-admin/admin/views/default/i18n/ and preferrably call the copy nl for dutch and then just edit the description.ini as fitting, you'll have the new language tho coose from in the web interface.

If you change the line status="official" to status="user" your new language will end up under "User contributed languages" in the interface, so obviously Excito is working on possibility for users to contribute with their own languages.

Oh. You'll need to translate some other stuff in the directory as well. Guess that's where it comes in handy if you talk the language in question :D

/Daniel
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

hello Daniel,

I would like to do it the correct way, so with the cooperation of Excito.

I am used to translating software to the dutch language as Bosch does all translation first in english.

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com