New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.3.2

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
johannes

Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.3.2

Post by johannes »

This is a new minor upgrade. The upgrade is available only as a software upgrade.

How to upgrade
To upgrade a running system, make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Choose "Settings" menu entry. Choose "Software update" in the sub menu.

Since the update service depends on root access to the MySQL database, if you have changed the default MySQL password the update may fail. If it has been changed, run the update from the command line. Default options should be ok, but you need to provide your MySQL root password.

New features and major changes
* Fixed issue in ftd causing upload via file manager to fail after 256 files
* Fixed memory leak issue in disk manager, causing UI to behave strange and some operations to fail
* Fixed memory leak issue in photo album generation
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
meta96

Re: Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.3.2

Post by meta96 »

... update troubles. After the update process, B3 is running fine, but my webgui has troubles, i cant open the network or identity page(s). The software update page shows 3.2 but after pressing update nothing happens.
... should i try to update again to use the command line? I am on vincent* and B3 is used as 3G AP/router/server. Which commands would you suggest?

Thanks.

* vincent was needed for wvdial
meta96

Post by meta96 »

meta96 wrote:... update troubles. After the update process, B3 is running fine, but my webgui has troubles, i cant open the network or identity page(s). The software update page shows 3.2 but after pressing update nothing happens.
... should i try to update again to use the command line? I am on vincent* and B3 is used as 3G AP/router/server. Which commands would you suggest?

Thanks.

* vincent was needed for wvdial
ok, did

apt-get -c /etc/apt/bubba-apt.conf -y update
apt-get -c /etc/apt/bubba-apt.conf -y dist-upgrade

but get this messages:

Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
tor
bubba-backend
bubba-frontend
tor-geoipdb

... ?
johannes

Post by johannes »

Ah, if you are on vincent and did a full system update you got our testing version. To explain:

Elvin: "Stable" (where 2.3.2 currently is and all B3's update agains from factory settings)
Hugo: "Unstable" (where we currently have the 2.4 release candidate)
Vincent: "Testing"

So, in vincent we drop all kinds of garbage (well..) which we use for testing, and doing a full update against vincent is usually not a good idea.

I suggest you manually downgrade against elvin to gain a stable system. Installing wvdial from vincent is of course OK, but don't run a full update against it.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

This is most likely a repost, but I found out that, after manual dist-upgrade, apt asks to me to run apt-get autoremove. However this remove bubba-apt which deletes all the excito repositories. Is that supposed to happen?
carl

Post by carl »

Ubi wrote:This is most likely a repost, but I found out that, after manual dist-upgrade, apt asks to me to run apt-get autoremove. However this remove bubba-apt which deletes all the excito repositories. Is that supposed to happen?
The bubbba-apt package isn't used anymore, and you should fond the repositories now in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/excito.list
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com