New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

setting static ip addresses...

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
zander

setting static ip addresses...

Post by zander »

hi,

i am running bubba2 as a server/router/firewall but in custom mode and serving my own web page alonzofretwell.com.

there are two places where static ip addresses can be set namely wan and lan. right now i am setting the wan ip addresses to the ones my isp gave me. it seems i have to do this to view my domain.

my question is should i use those addresses assigned by my isp for the lan too? right now they are set to the bubba default and everything seems to be working.

but i tried to add a switch to my lan and when i did everything fell apart with regards to reaching the web. i set it up like Scenario 5 but after that i could not reach the web anymore.

i had to restart bubba2 like the quick start guide says. and then go through the setup wizard and then set the static ip addreses by hand in the wan network section of the admin account.

in order to add the switch will i have to setup the bubba like i did to get connected to the web again?

thank you,

zander