New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

imap problems..

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
zander

imap problems..

Post by zander »

hi,

i have read the manual and searched for a similar solution or problem. but had no luck. so here i am...

i have bubba2 set up a server ( http://alonzofretwell.com ) i am trying to setup the mail server so that i can send and receive to af@alonzofretwell.com using Evolution email client.

from the bubba2 admin account Mail->Receive Mail->Handle mail for domain set to alonzofretwell.com (and pressed update).

i did receive mail at this address that i could view at ://bubba/home/af/mail/new once in my attempts to set this up. so i am confident that the firewall is setup okay (port 25 should be open). Allow wan access to mail server is checked. i am only trying to receive mail for this one address at this one domain.

long story short i think that the problem is with my mx record for my.com it is set to bubba.alonzofretwell.com is this correct? this is also what i have my imap server configuration set to and i have enable ssl in my email client.

i think i at least recieved the email when i had my mx record set to mail.alonzofretwell.com but could not retrieve it with evolution.

right now if i try to send email to af it bounces and if i try to retrieve email for af using evolution it hangs.

please advise.

zander