New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba not responding [SOLVED]

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
riCo

Bubba not responding [SOLVED]

Post by riCo »

Hello

My bubba:server is not responding at all.
I think it happen after the power went down in my apartment. But I wasn't home, so I really don't know.
I can restart it with the small button on the backside but no connection through ftp, web, ssh etc.
The light is strong yellow on the front. Only flashing when I reboot it with the button.

What do I do now?

Many thanks
johannes

Re: Bubba not responding

Post by johannes »

Hi,

Sorry about this, I hope we can solve it. A few things to check:

- so the front light (yellow) is lit (not blinking) after a successful boot?
- do you have network link? Please check your switch/router (the other end of the cable bubba is connected to) to check so that link is present
- could it be that your bubba has got a new IP number from your router? Does your router find Bubba at all? (Check the DHCP server logs)

Lets start there and hope it helps. Please let us know how it goes!

//Johannes
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
riCo

Re: Bubba not responding

Post by riCo »

After I have turned of all my equipment beside bubba I heard that it didn't turn of when I pressed the button. Only looked like it (the light went out). The disk was still spinning.
So I cut the power to bubba. Waited for some minutes to let bubba cool down. Connected it again.
And now everything works again. I guess bubba were in some kind of loop after the power down and needed a real power turn of (not the button turn of).

Sorry to be so quick with posting before checking basic things like power of/on.
But I really believe that my bubba did turn of when I pressed the button and the light stopped flashing. Obviously not.

Anyway, thanks for the help.
johannes

Re: Bubba not responding [SOLVED]

Post by johannes »

Ok, great. The fact that the disk didn't spin down didnt have anything to do with it though, it's a known fact that it doesn't always do that. My guess is that it has to do with your router recognizing it after a reboot, or some IP issue. Glad that it's solved anyways!
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)