New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Mediatomb database corrupted

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
ian

Mediatomb database corrupted

Post by ian »

I have recently started having problems with mediatomb on my bubba One, in that the database is corrupted. I have stopped mediatomb, deleted the database and restarted mediatomb, which causes the database to be rebuilt. However, the database always ends up corrupted; this is the error I get from the mediatomb web interface;
Error: SQLITE3: (11) database disk image is malformed
Query:SELECT "f"."id","f"."ref_id","f"."parent_id","f"."object_type","f"."upnp_class","f"."dc_title","f"."location","f"."location_hash","f"."metadata","f"."auxdata","f"."resources","f"."update_id","f"."mime_type","f"."flags","f"."track_number","rf"."upnp_class","rf"."location","rf"."metadata","rf"."auxdata","rf"."resources","rf"."mime_type","as"."persistent" FROM "mt_cds_object" "f" LEFT JOIN "mt_cds_object" "rf" ON "f"."ref_id"="rf"."id" LEFT JOIN "mt_autoscan" "as" ON "as"."obj_id"="f"."id" WHERE "f"."parent_id"=0 AND ("f"."object_type" & 2) = 2 ORDER BY "f"."dc_title" LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0
error: database disk image is malformed
Both of my Freecom MusicPals and my iPod are now also unable to play any music, which is really annoying.

I have more than 9000 songs in my music library, but I don't know whether this might be the cause of the problem; firefly has no problems with the music in the music folder and both of my soundbridges are quite happy, so the problem is clearly restricted to mediatomb.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how I can solve it?

I have tried updating mediatomb, but aptitude says I have the latest version installed.
Eek

Re: Mediatomb database corrupted

Post by Eek »

cheers
Eek
Eek

Post by Eek »

sorry just saw that you are using the mysql database option.
you could try and switch to a sqllite database in the mediatomb config,
then you can use mediatomb again
so you can set about fixing the mysql database.
did you make backups of the mysql database?
cheers
Eek
ian

Post by ian »

I'm actually using sqlite3 (see the original error message). I've never changed this, but should I consider using mysql instead? If so, what do I need to change in the config?

Do you know if there are any limitations regarding sqlite3 database sizes, in case this is the problem..?
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

I haven't used Mediatomb for long now, but I remember having trouble with several files where ID3 tags contained "unusual" characters. I can't remember if it was unicode characters or if it was characters NOT being unicode that caused the problem. I do however remember one of the artists was Motörhead, and renaming it to Motorhead solved the problem. I suspect this would be solved by now, but perhaps you can remember some file you added just before the problem started. Just a thought.

/Johan
ian

Post by ian »

Hi Johan,
it had occurred to me, but nothing I've added recently seems to contain any weird characters. Anyway, the latest rebuild seems to have gone OK, as mediatomb is now behaving itself.

Thanks to all for the help,
Ian.