New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Upgrading the hard drive..

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
TazUk

Upgrading the hard drive..

Post by TazUk »

I'm still running my Bubba (the original) with the 320gb drive I installed with. I'm now down to less than 30gb freespace and need to replace with a larger drive.

However....I don't want to lose my configuration settings or have to recopy the data stored on the drive. Upgrading to the newer base image doesn't worry me as my Bubba is solely used within my own network for file storage / media serving.

What's the best way of achieving this, and what's the maximum size hard drive I can move to? I remember seeing something about 750GB being the maximum but would like that confirmed.

TIA
TazUk
--
The 'Net is a waste of time,
and that's exactly what's right about it.

William Gibson
RandomUsername

Re: Upgrading the hard drive..

Post by RandomUsername »

I would look into using PartClone or something similar - you'll need to remove the disk and put it in a "normal" PC. If you don't have a Linux installation, download and burn a Clonezilla live CD. You should be able to create and image of the existing disk and restore it to a new one (as long as it's the same size or bigger).
TazUk

Post by TazUk »

Ok...

So I'm up and running !YAY! with a 750 GB Seagate drive after some careful Clonezilla + GParted live cd work to clone the original disk and resize the partition to fill the space..

So now I'm trying to get phpsysinfo working again...

Currently I'm getting

Code: Select all

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:7634 in /usr/share/phpsysinfo/includes/mb/class.hddtemp.inc.php on line 30
HDDTemp error: 111, Connection refused
I've added the drive information to hddtemp.db, but I figure I'm still missing something.. Any pointers? :(
TazUk

Post by TazUk »

Oooops. Scratch that.

I've restarted and everything's fine (I couldn't figure out a way of just restarting the hddtemp daemon).
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

TazUk wrote:Oooops. Scratch that.

I've restarted and everything's fine (I couldn't figure out a way of just restarting the hddtemp daemon).

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/hddtemp restart