New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Continue seeding torrent

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
TheKnugen

Continue seeding torrent

Post by TheKnugen »

Hi,
I´ve encountered a few crashes as described in post "Resuming BitTorrent downloads" and my question is can I resume seeding already downloaded(completed) torrents?

//Kalle
bubbalibre

Re: Continue seeding torrent

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi TheKnugen,

Yes, you can resume every torrent you have. Those which are finished will have an 'in progress' status, but they will be seeded properly.

Regards,
TheKnugen

Post by TheKnugen »

Hi,
Thnx for the reply. The problem is that all my torrent downloads(qued, inprogress, completed) disapears in the downloadlist after crasch. How do I readd the torrents(no matter the status) so I can continue seeding?

//Kalle
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

After a crash all the current downloads are lost (not the files). You need to add the same torrents again. After some time, depending on the download's size, your torrent will be resumed.

You may want to have a look to my tiny little hack :wink:

Regards,
TheKnugen

Post by TheKnugen »

Ok, a final question, any idea where the actual torrent file is beeing uploaded to(wich directory) when doing a "Add new download"?

Btw, I realy like your hack... :D

//K
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

TheKnugen wrote:Ok, a final question, any idea where the actual torrent file is beeing uploaded to(wich directory) when doing a "Add new download"?
I believe it's downloaded 'on place' (/home/user/downloads). The file's size is reserved, and the file is 'filled' throughout the process.
TheKnugen wrote:Btw, I realy like your hack... :D
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
TheKnugen

Post by TheKnugen »

Sorry, I ment the actuall *.torrent file...

//K
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Sorry.

I'm not sure how ftd is working. My guess is that everything's in memory, and therefore lost on crash. Tor should know better.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi TheKnugen,

Regarding the torrent-files. These are not written to disk atm, they are kept in memory the whole time.

We will add this in a while, when completing load-torrent from disk and start stop of torrent-downloads.

But first we have to make sure it doesn't crash. Is this something you experience often? We are having a hard time reproducing them on our side.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi tor,

Thanks for the clarification. Regarding the crashes, I only got two since the last update and I tried to stress ftd as much as I could. The new release is much more stable. Good work!

Cheers!
TheKnugen

Post by TheKnugen »

Hi to you all,
Thnx for clearing up the torrent file situation, looking fwd to this functioanlity.
But first we have to make sure it doesn't crash. Is this something you experience often? We are having a hard time reproducing them on our side.
I got my Bubba 1 week ago and I´ve had three crashes of that kind. Are there any log-files I can help you out with or anything? At the most I have been seeding 3 torrents á 3,5-4,5GB while downloading 2 torrents á 3,5-4,5GB.

//Kalle
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi TheKnugen,
TheKnugen wrote:I got my Bubba 1 week ago and I´ve had three crashes of that kind. Are there any log-files I can help you out with or anything? At the most I have been seeding 3 torrents á 3,5-4,5GB while downloading 2 torrents á 3,5-4,5GB.
First be sure to use the latest firmware. To do so just log in as admin, choose settings and click the 'update' button. The last update is much more stable.

Regards,
Clive

Post by Clive »

Yep, my web interface also crashed this morning whilst downloading torrents. I went in as root and restarted Apache and FTD

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
/etc/init.d/ftd restart

This worked fine but I had to restart the torrent downloads. I checked the messages, syslog and daemon.log but there was no mention of any problem, though I did notice the apache process running at around 95% at the time that the Web Interface was not accessible.
TheKnugen

Post by TheKnugen »

Hi,
Yes I have the latest firmware. My Bubba crashed again this night... Thats 4 craches in 1 week. I was seeding 4 torrents and downloading 1.

Today I did the same as Clive:
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
/etc/init.d/ftd restart
But I still needed to reboot my Bubba because it was realy slow and didn´t show me all the pages in the web-admin.

The only service I have enabled is "Up and downloads".
Do you need any logfiles?
//Kalle
TheKnugen

Post by TheKnugen »

It keeps on craching... :x

Is the fluxtorrent a adequate solution or are there any progress on solving this problem?

I baught the Bubba mainly because of the torrent functionality, size and noiselevel.

Is there anyway I can help you guys/gals out solving this bug?
Do you have an actionlist?

For a start while finding/solving the bug it would be nice if the FTD stored the actuall torrentfile(*.torrent) on the harddrive. And when you restart the FTD it loads the torrent files(downloading and/or seeding) and the status for each torerrent is stored in a XML-file(status, size, uploaded, downloaded, average speed, aso...).

Let me know if you need one(ot two) helping hands with programming!

Best regards
//Kalle