New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Can't send mail from imap clients but webmail works fine.

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
johanheinesen

Can't send mail from imap clients but webmail works fine.

Post by johanheinesen »

Hi,
I've got a strange email problem. 5-8 days ago bubba or xp stoppet sending emails. I've tried several imap clients but none of them works. I don't get any error messages so I don't know exactly when the problem started.
I'm not sure bubba is the sinner as I can send emails from webmail but I'd prefer to use a standard mail client again :wink:
Is there a way to check if bubba is receiving the mails from the clients?
I need to solve the problem before my wife starts to slap me around.....
Johan
---------------------------------
tor

Post by tor »

Hi johanheinesen,

Just to verify your problem.

You can send emails with the built in webmail in Bubba but not when using an external imap client? And you have specified Bubbas name or IP-number as outgoing smtp server in these clients? It did work before but stopped a few days ago?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
johanheinesen

Post by johanheinesen »

Hi Tor,

Absolutely right.

I have the same problem on two seperate machines.
I can receive mail on the clients but my outgoing mail disappears...
Johan
tor

Post by tor »

This sounds strange.

If you are familiar with Linux you can log in on Bubba, become root, and look at the files:

Code: Select all

/var/log/mail.log
/var/log/mail.info
/var/log/mail.warn
/var/log/mail.err
To see if you can find out what might be the problem.

Other things to start with other than above could be to change the outgoing smtp server to some invalid address in your mail program to verify that Bubba accepts your emails at all and that they get sent from your email client.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
johanheinesen

Post by johanheinesen »

Here are some of the error messages i found.
There are more but it looks like they're caused by me changing the smtp and domain to see if it would do anything.

Jan 21 06:58:18 bubba postfix/smtp[32013]: 053C212E45D3: to=<tomkure@yahoo.dk>, relay=pasmtp.tele.dk[80.160.77.108], delay=2126
45, status=deferred (host pasmtp.tele.dk[80.160.77.108] said: 450 <js@localhost.dk>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found
(in reply to RCPT TO command))

Jan 22 21:16:57 bubba postfix/master[1195]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd pid 1663 exit status 1
Jan 22 21:16:57 bubba postfix/master[1195]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
Johan