New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Digitemp 1-wire ?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
nisse

Digitemp 1-wire ?

Post by nisse »

Is anyone running bubba as a 1-wire server ?
I think Digitemp (www.digitemp.com) application with mySQL should work fine but i am not very familiar with Linux and putting different applications together...
Nice to see that serial ports can be found inside the box, so i dont need to buy the 1wire-USB adapter.
bjorn

Post by bjorn »

not exactly 1-wire server, nor using digitemp. But i've used the 1-wire interface that comes on my matrix orbital lcd-display with some success. The displaydrivers doesn't exactly support the 1-wire interface fully yet, but i've manage to manually read the sensors of the 1-wirebus. If you connected your 1-wire stuff through the serial-port it would most certainly work very well!

havn't added the serial-port to my bubba yet, but when ever i do it i'll connect my serial 1-wirestuff to it too and let you know how it went. Unless you get yours working first :)

Good luck
/Bjorn
mountaindude

Re: Digitemp 1-wire ?

Post by mountaindude »

I guess this is kind of an old thread, but thought I'd link to another thread on the same topic:
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 43&start=0

Turns out even the old bubba works well as a 1-wire server.

Cheers,
-G