New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Filemanager problem with pdf Files...

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
dsp76

Filemanager problem with pdf Files...

Post by dsp76 »

Hi,
today I needed to download a PDF from my bubba remotely. I logged in through the admin webinterface, started the filemanager and clicked the PDF file for download.

Strange, that firefox offered me to open it with notepad (!) and that also the download didn't work - stored the file with 0 bytes...

(Firefox works correctly when downloading a PDF from another site).

Whats causing the problem???

dsp
johannes

Post by johannes »

Strange, I just tried a pdf myself, and it worked fine. When you click the file name, what does the firefox popup say? You have chosen to open: test.pdf? Or is the file name wrong as well?
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
tor

Post by tor »

These problems are usually one of two things strange filenames or paths that our character coding have problems with. And the other thing is strange permissions.

So check if the name or path contains "local" or odd characters and check if you can access the file via the windows filemanager logged in as the same person.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
dsp76

Post by dsp76 »

Hi,
part of my path was named "$finance" - that was the reason! When I renamed it to "finance" the problem was worked around.
So this is again another pain with the ISO code pages?

For local characters in file names, I wasn't able to open that files as long as the browser was set to UTF-8. When switching it to ISO, I was able to open it.

(But this still didn't fix it for the directory.)

dsp

(P.S. the file permissions were correctly)