New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Fetchmail not wokring

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
gavinbailey

Fetchmail not wokring

Post by gavinbailey »

Hi - I'm sure this is simple to fix. I got my Iloha mail working by setting up Fetchmail however it stopped working after I changed the setttings for 'HOST' in the set-up screen. I've forgotten what I had in there before however I assume one is meant to type in the pop3 or other as required) settings in this field for the relevant ISP? This I have done but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks,
albert

Fetchmail not working

Post by albert »

I haven't got my bubba yet, but I guess the host parameter is where fetchmail has to deliver the mail it picked up from the external mailserver. If so, then you could try to put in 'localhost', or the hostname of your bubba server.

Don't pin me down on this, as said I don't have my server yet.
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi Albert,

It is actually the host name of your POP or IMAP server. Probably something like pop3.yourisp.com. or mail.yourisp.com. It is the email server where fetchmail collects the email you want fetched from the remote email server.

You might have to restart fetchmail in order to get the setting to take effect.
Either log into the bubba webadmin page and uncheck the Mail retrieval box, and then click the Update button. Then check it again and click update.
Or
su
/etc/init.d/fetchmail restart

Cheers
/Cheeseboy
gavinbailey

Brilliant!

Post by gavinbailey »

Cheeseboy - thanks for your quick reponce - it worked! I tried for ages unchecking all the boxes in the mail settings and rechecking my pop3 settings, checking my firewall etc etc and nothing worked. I then just unchecked only 'mail', applied and then rechecked and it worked. Great!