New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Hot tu update mediatomb?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
yooakim

Hot tu update mediatomb?

Post by yooakim »

I am new to Bubba. I have a PS3 and as far as I can understand I ought to upgrade mediatomb to 0.9.1 or later.

What is the recommended way for upgrading mediatomb on the Bubba server?

using apt-get?

I want the simplest way to upgrade mediatomb to the latest version.

/j
tor

Post by tor »

Hi yooakim,

We are in the works with an upgrade. So the absolute easiest way to do this, is to wait for it to be done and then simply do an upgrade of firmware in the web-admin UI.

The other, slightly, more complicated way. If you fx don't run our Bubba web-admin etc. Is to use the precompiled packages from the Mediatomb people. They provide one for Debian Sarge on Arm which should work nicely on Bubba since it is built on one. But be aware that this will most likely clash with our releases.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
yooakim

I'll wait!

Post by yooakim »

I'll wait till you guys have upgraded.

Do you have a mailing list for annoucnements of new upgrades or do I have to monitor the forum to be informed of new updates?

Cheers,
Joakim
ps. The Bubba is a fantastic product! ds.
sc0rp

Re: I'll wait!

Post by sc0rp »

yooakim wrote:I'll wait till you guys have upgraded.

Do you have a mailing list for annoucnements of new upgrades or do I have to monitor the forum to be informed of new updates?

Cheers,
Joakim
ps. The Bubba is a fantastic product! ds.
You could always subscribe to the RSS feed to receive the latest updates from the forum.