New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

USB port Type B

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
lkbrow1

USB port Type B

Post by lkbrow1 »

What is the use for the USB Type B port ? I am assuming there is one.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yes, it's currently only used for factory programming. We had some plans for it, but decided not to use it.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
John W

Post by John W »

So, you can't use it? :? Hmmmmm...
johannes

Post by johannes »

Well yes, it is possible. What would you like to use it for? if you give us some good ideas we may change our minds. ;)
John W

Post by John W »

Isn't it possible to use it as a "normal" usb-port?
Together with this adapter.

// John W
johannes

Post by johannes »

Ah, no, that's not possible. That connector is an USB device port, and can only be connected to USB hosts (such as your PC). Our initial idea was to have functionality in Bubba for it to work as a standard USB disk, connected directly to a PC. However, this turned out to be technically quite difficult for various reasons.

So, since there aren't many other USB hosts than PC:s out there, we can't come up with better ideas on how to use the port.

Also, I honestly don't know what these adaptors are to be used for. They can't convert between USB host and device, that's for sure. Can anyone educate me?

Finally; should you need more USB ports, just connect a standard USB hub in the host connector. :)