New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Multiple domains, web and mail

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
jamerson

Multiple domains, web and mail

Post by jamerson »

Hi!
First post here. I have just ordered a Bubba.
What I will need to do once I get it is to have it host several domains.

I have managed to do this one time on debian, but I lost a lot of sleep that time. Could someone describe which files need to be edited to do this and what to edit in them?

I remember that when I was done I only needed to add a new site and tell where the root for it was. And it was really easy to add email addresses to each domain.

I know that google is my friend, but there is just too much information!

Someone here can probably explain this more beautifully than has been done before!

/jamerson
johannes

Post by johannes »

Hi,

To get the email part to work it's actually just to add a second host (space separated) to the "handle mail for domain" field in the web UI. This makes postfix accept email from both (or all, if more than two) domains. They aren't separated though, thus: user1@domain1 and user1@domain2 will end up in the same mailbox.

This is as far as I can help, hope someone else can fill in the blanks (i.e. how to configure apache).
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
tor

Post by tor »

Hi jamerson,

A quick addition to Johannes reply.

Regarding multiple web-hosts i think you can look at my comment on virtual hosts in this thread.

Just create a new file with a virtual host for each domain you want to use and follow the instructions on how to get it working. If you dont require https on those sites just leave out the second half of the file.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

Good stuff, tor, good stuff.

That's just what I needed. I would like a more sophisticated email user handling than Johannes suggestion, though.

Anyone?
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

Tor: Isn't it possible to have multiple virtualdomains in the same file?
<virtualhost>
bla bla bla
</virtualhost>

<virtualhost>
bla bla bla
</virtualhost>

I remember I used to have this setup.

/pelle
tor

Post by tor »

jamerson:

Of course you can put this in one file. The reason for splitting them up is purely for organizational purposes. It will work just as good in one file.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer