New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Reaching Bubba via internet

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
hasbeansteve

Reaching Bubba via internet

Post by hasbeansteve »

Hi

sorry if this has been asked already, but the instructions don't really help for some one simple like me, when it comes to getting bubba from outside.

I have a lynksys router and have found the Single Port Range Forwarding section but don't know how to make it open or what i need to change etc.

any help you can give or pointing in the right direction I'd be so grateful.

Thanks in advance

Steve
pa

Post by pa »

Depending on what you would like to be able to reach from the outside you will have to open different ports.
If you would like to just use the webpage on Bubba from the outside you have to open port 80 in your linksys and forward that to the IP-adress that your bubba have.
You should be able to see the IP in the linksys station, but if not, log on to bubba as admin and check the settings -> network settings.

If you need to reach other services as well you will have to forward the correct ports for that also. i.e ssh is port 22, https (encrypted webpage) is 443 and so on.

How you do this on your router you will have to read the manual for the linksys station.

/PA
hasbeansteve

Post by hasbeansteve »

Thanks for that. I've opened up the ports but still cant log on. Do I type anything else apart from my IP address?
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi hasbeansteve,

Make sure you are using the correct IP when you try to access your bubba from outside. If the ports are correctly forwarded to bubba's IP on your internal network (most likely 192.168.x.x), you should be able to reach it from outside by using the external IP of your router. This is probably dynamically assigned by your ISP, and you should be able to see this IP number in the admin interface of the router.

/Cheese