New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

DNS Server Support

Want new functionality in Bubba? Discuss it here.
bbaker

DNS Server Support

Post by bbaker »

Can/does the Bubba run a DNS server? I realize that one can cross-compile bind for the ARM, but does a pre-compiled bundle exist for the Bubba apt repository? If so, does Bubba provide a web-based interface to manage it?

Thanks,
Bennett
bjorn

Post by bjorn »

Hi,

no need to crosscompile (if you don't really want to). bind9 is available through the debian ARM repositories.

Have not looked for a web-based UI though, but a quick google turned up a few php results which might be used.

/Bjorn
bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Hi Bjorn -

Thanks for the reply and the pointer to the repository. I was asking about the web-based stuff more along the lines of wondering if the default Bubba control pages included DNS control screens. I've actually gotten pretty good over the years at hand-tweaking my DNS configuration files. :wink:

Which brings me back to the original question which I *should* have asked: does Bubba come with a DNS server? And with the appropriate control screens?

Thanks,
Bennett
johannes

Post by johannes »

No, no DNS server is included by default.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Hi Johannes -

Thanks for the reply. Seeing as how this is the Feature Request forum, I therefore hereby make a Feature Request for DNS server support in an upcoming release of the Bubba software.

Sorry if the above request comes off as too stilted and/or formal, but I'm looking to replace the PC I'm currently using as my inside server and the replacement has to run a DNS server. So far the Bubba looks like exactly what I want, except for lacking that feature.

Thanks,
Bennett