New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

php and mysql

Want new functionality in Bubba? Discuss it here.
gex

php and mysql

Post by gex »

Will having apache, mysql and php on the system overload its performance?

How much the total cost to order from the US w/ US dollars include shipping cost with 80GB HD?

How many days do I expect to receive it?
lelle

Post by lelle »

I'm running MySQL, PHP and Apache on my bubba (and also other daemons like SNMP and NTP) and several web applications without any performance problems .

Of course, the number of concurrent users and the type of applications will have an impact on performance, but with only one user connected, it works great. :D
johannes

Post by johannes »

gex: Yes, just as lelle points out, Bubba's performance is in most cases sufficient. Installing and running mysql (apache and php are already installed) is no problem, unless you are running very database intensive applications.

Regarding prices, the 80 GB version costs 264 EUR, plus 40 EUR in freight. In total 304 EUR, wich approximately is 396 USD at todays exchange rate.

Time from order to shipment is roughly one week. Shipment time is about 3-5 days.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)