New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

LVM based install

Want new functionality in Bubba? Discuss it here.
venotar

LVM based install

Post by venotar »

Hi!

As a new bubba user, I've been perusing the forums and noticed that there's references to a project concentrating on improving the current bubba install - one particular post, Tor refers to seperating user data from the base OS, presumably on seperete partitions.

May I suggest you opt for using Logical Volumes for this? I ask because I know that I'd like the flexibility it provides to second guess whatever formula you choose for allocating disk space to particular functions. It's not overly difficult to alter a partition table to fit my needs, but LV's are obviously far simpler

Thanks!
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Personally I disagree on this and I would consider the step to LVM a bad move. LVM is another layer of overhead and, although it has its uses on a disk cluster, IMHO does not bring much to the table on a single disk system.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

LVM would be nice if we had a multidisk setup. But atm im not sure if threre would be any benefits of it. But venotar if we have missed something here please let us know.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer