New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Vanished threads?

Got comments on forum and website
DanielM

Vanished threads?

Post by DanielM »

Hi.
I got mails about new posts in the two threads about B3 release candidate software (named "B3 release candidate" and "Bug Report Thread for B3 "hugo" RC Repository"). Tried to check what was new, but both those threads have completely vanished in thin air. Anyone knows what happened? Someone covering up the new release? :D

/Daniel
Cheeseboy

Re: Vanished threads?

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi Daniel,

I didn't get those notifications by email or RSS.
The last one I see in "Bug Report Thread for B3 "hugo" RC Repository" is from July 14th, by RandomUsername.
The last one from "B3 Release candidate" is yours from July 10th.

The poster might have deleted them himself? I know I have done that myself on more than one occasion after posting silly things...

Best regards,

CheeseBoy

EDIT:
Come to think about it, I don't think I ever posted to any of those two threads, so I wouldn't be getting email notifications, but the RSS feed should still have told me about it.
Eek

Post by Eek »

You mean this thread?

http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 3&start=30

there were some spammers active, maybe they triggered the email notification.
cheers
Eek
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Eek wrote:You mean this thread?
Ah. I see. I guess the url in the mail goes directly to the new post and if the post has been deleted I get an error about it not existing. Feels like the logical thing for the forum to do would be to send me to the thread anyway, I mis-interpreted the error message as if the entire thread did not exist. Mystery solved, thanks :D

/Daniel
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yes, I can confirm this, I removed some spams from those threads a while ago..
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)