Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
I've just received my Bubba Two and have set it up with a WD Green Power HD. After installing the HD as per the instructions and switching it on, I see the blue LED blinking with a cycle of one short and one long blink. Is this as expected on first start with a new HD? What does that LED code mean?
According to the interpretation of the leds, the latest installer includes more ways to interpret them, though the information hasn't been added to the manual yet;
- On an normal boot, the LED blinks at 1Hz
- During install, the led will start blinking at 4Hz,
- If the installer is instructed to not install anything, i.e. just to be used as an rescue device, then the LED will go to blink at 1Hz.
- If instructed to install, but no payload is found, it will blink at 16Hz
- If instructed to partition disc, but no disc found, it will blink at 16Hz
- When installation is done, it will blink at 2Hz (this will only been noticed if not instructing it to reboot after install)
Wouldn't it be nice to update the online guides it immediately, instead of just posting it on the forum only? It took my some days to exactly determine I had this kind of problem, and the online help didnt bring me any step further. I already expected that some underlying message was put in the blinking frequency.carl wrote:According to the interpretation of the leds, the latest installer includes more ways to interpret them, though the information hasn't been added to the manual yet;
I still have my problem though, see: http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?p=5580#5580. Any help would be appreciated.
By the way, how long will an intallation take place on a 1TB HDD?