New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Link beat lost on eth1

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
jonlu

Link beat lost on eth1

Post by jonlu »

Hi,

At random times (very intermittent, usually somwhere between 2-3 days and up to a week) my router looses wifi connection to the bubba2 and the only way of getting it up again is to reboot the bubba.

This has happened at various times now, i thought it was my ISP and dhcp client or something with my router failing, but looking in the logs i see this:
Nov 30 21:34:01 bubba2 kernel: PHY: e0024520:00 - Link is Down
Nov 30 21:34:02 bubba2 ifplugd(eth1)[2455]: Link beat lost.
Nov 30 21:34:06 bubba2 kernel: PHY: e0024520:00 - Link is Up - 100/Full
Nov 30 21:34:07 bubba2 ifplugd(eth1)[2455]: Link beat detected.

Which matches the time when connection went away... any idea what this means and why its happening? Googling didn't come up with too much, most of it was regarding work-load on eth1 which is not the case here.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

You lose wifi-connection you say, have you connected a wifi-adapter to the Bubba? Or is the router connected to Bubba by a cable and is there a wifi-connection from the router?

Or do you lose the (cabled) ethernet connection?
jonlu

Post by jonlu »

Binkem wrote:You lose wifi-connection you say, have you connected a wifi-adapter to the Bubba? Or is the router connected to Bubba by a cable and is there a wifi-connection from the router?

Or do you lose the (cabled) ethernet connection?
Sorry, the wifi maybe confuses a bit - it is set up as in scenario 4 in the user-manual.

When the link-beat happens the connection out from eth1 seems to be dead. Usually the LAN1-led flashes on the router when connected to the bubba eth1 cable - but after the link-beat lost the router led stops flashing and the LAN1 light on the router is always on. Haven't checked the led on the back of the bubba yet though..
Hape

Post by Hape »

You might search this forum for "silicon bug" and follow the instructions to solve possible issues with that.

After that, look if the problem persists.

Rgds.
jonlu

Post by jonlu »

Thanks, have already bumped into the silicone bug a while ago :)
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?t=1178&highlight=

However I'm not sure this relates to the silicon bug, it was only on eth0 as I understood.. and it just refused to get some pages (due to checksum error) but connection to other sites were not lost..

Do I have to do the silicone procedure on eth1 aswell?? Can the silicone bug result in the link-beat lost log message?