New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Downloader issue: 'function.stream-socket-client' [solved]

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
RobV

Downloader issue: 'function.stream-socket-client' [solved]

Post by RobV »

Hi,
I have been using the torrent downloader without problems for a while. But since a few days I get PHP error messages on every WEB-GUI page containing fields of the Downloader.

For example:
- when logged in as admin: on the Settings/Traffic screen I get 2 error messages while both Downloader entry fields remain blank.
- when logged in as user: on the Download screen I get 1 error message.

Attached you will find a Firefox HTML source code dump of one of the mentioned error messages shown at the top of the admin's Settings/Traffic screen.

Code: Select all

<div style="border:1px solid #990000;padding-left:20px;margin:0 0 10px 0;">

<h4>A PHP Error was encountered</h4>

<p>Severity: Warning</p>
<p>Message:  stream_socket_client() [<a href='function.stream-socket-client'>function.stream-socket-client</a>]: unable to connect to unix:///tmp/ftdaemon (Connection refused)</p>
<p>Filename: ftd/ipc.php</p>
<p>Line Number: 33</p>

Unnecessary to say that the Downloader does not work anymore.
I have no clue what caused it, but around that time I experimented a little copying .torrent files directly into the torrent folder.

Could anyone help me resolving this issue?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Rob
Last edited by RobV on 23 Jan 2009, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
RobV

Post by RobV »

Apparently some corrupt hidden files were resident in the 'torrents' directories of one or more users. They caused the problems with the Downloader application, so they had to be removed.

Following steps, as suggested by Excito support, resolve the issue:
Step1: Disable the Downloader service via the admin account
Step2: Delete all 'torrents' directories of all users and create them again
Step3: Enable the Downloader service via the admin account

Tor, thanks for your support.

Rob
Strider

Post by Strider »

Hi,

The same happened to me just a few minutes ago.
In my case the problem was that I downloaded a duplicate torrent and them on the web interface I canceled the torrent that was duplicated ...
Next thing the message you mentioned showed up on display.

Regards.
Strider

Post by Strider »

Hi,

Same problem again, this time I canceled a download that was not able to find the torrent file.
That is: I copied to the web interface a link to a torrent file, and for some reason the link was not downloaded, so the torrent appeared as could not connect to server.
As the problem persisted I canceled the file and ... boom ... the stream_socket error appeared once again.
This time just restarting the downloads and ftp solved the matter, but this causes a re-check of all the current download files that takes a long long time ...

if this issue could be address and investigated it would be good.

Regards.
darione75

Re: Downloader issue: 'function.stream-socket-client' [solved]

Post by darione75 »

Ok, if i stop and restart up/download service the problemm stop, but bubba start to re-check files integrity and take a while. But the real problem is that appens every 4-5 times that i add a torrent...so often..bug fix in the next release?