New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

torrent status Bubba|Two

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
kees

torrent status Bubba|Two

Post by kees »

Hello,
I discovered that copying a torrent file in /home/username/torrents automatically starts the download.
Is it possible to see the status or progress of the torrent downloads?
Tompa

Post by Tompa »

Hi,

The torrent download should be visible if you login to the web interface as the user and browse "downloads".
zizula

torrent status Bubba|Two

Post by zizula »

I copied a torrent file in /home/username/torrents and a download did not automatically started.
I also browsed "downloads". Nothing there.
Can someone please let me know how to configure?
hastalapasta

Post by hastalapasta »

Tompa wrote:Hi,

The torrent download should be visible if you login to the web interface as the user and browse "downloads".
Is it also possible to pause a single torrent, all of one account, or ALL torrents? Would be very handy to prioritise DLs or reserve bandwidth temporarily for other purposes. Eitther from the shell or the webinterface
Xolo

Post by Xolo »

I see the above too. Adding a torrent file to the 'torrent' folder doesn't start any torrent, nor does anything show up under Download.
Additionally I am seeing a different issue where I tell Bubba|Two to download an ISO file (Mandriva Linux in this case) and as soon as the download finishes, it deletes the file...

EDIT:
Copying torrent files to the 'torrents' folder now does start it for me. This apparently took one reboot which I overlooked.
Last edited by Xolo on 16 Feb 2009, 05:26, edited 1 time in total.
zizula

Post by zizula »

It happens to me as well.
As soon as I upload 1.4 Gb movie file to the "video" folder, it says that the upload is completed, but the file does not exist on the disk.
hastalapasta

Post by hastalapasta »

zizula wrote:It happens to me as well.
As soon as I upload 1.4 Gb movie file to the "video" folder, it says that the upload is completed, but the file does not exist on the disk.
Moving a torrent file to this directory works fine for me. Maybe this is too silly to note, but <username> should be the user named <username>. After DLing the torrent in its directory, the torrent file itself is deleted (or moved to another place, probably /dev/null).
I would like to have more flexibility, such as: determining the directory where the torrent is to be stored, or a script that moves the target to another directory as soon as the torrent is finished... stuff like that. etc.
Where are the sources and/por scripts to be found related to the torrents?

Thx
cgl72

torrent status in the command line

Post by cgl72 »

is there any way to see the torrent status from the command line? I cannot seem to find any info about this in the forums.

For some reason my web interface seems to be acting up and the download status only shows results after a reboot. And the next time I log in, the page is blank. But in the background the torrents keep running correctly and the files get downloaded.

C.