New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Some questions.

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
winzhangout

Some questions.

Post by winzhangout »

First i have desided to buy one Bubba Server TWO 1TB, but its little sorry that no stores here in sthlm have some in stock.

Hope someone have answers for some question.

1. I need raid function can i buy an 1tb e-sata HD and its get RAID1? or is the inbuild HD in Bubba not possible to raid with. So i have to have 2 esata drives to get it to work? This is imortand for me because all my earlier hd has been broken and all my pictures was erased. And is it possible to buy any esata drives or is it something special drive i need?

2. The webserver is it slow down the bubba server speed when running active all the time? i thinking if running my own php/sql site instead of paying my webhotel.

3. Is it possible to stream movies to computer direct from bubba two wireless without any lagg? or do i have to copy them to computer first?

4. Last question i have an dynamic ip is there any extra cost? and do i plug the bubba two in to the LAN in wall and from bubba to my wireless router and then everything should work?

5. Ohh one more the 30 days guarantie with money back is that just working if i buy direct from you or can i buy from Macoteket or Indomo and get the exact same guaratie and of course same guarantie on the HD because the bubba just have 1 year??
dan13l

Post by dan13l »

1. Raid hasn't been implemented yet, although there are solutions you can create yourself.

If you're interested in backing up your files, there's no reason you can't have a scheduled routine that does the copy for you, and copies files from an external esata drive to the internal one. That's what I do.

As for compatible drivers, as far as I know any esata drive should work. But I can't be certain of that.

2. Depending on the amount of traffic your site gets, and the complexity of SQL calls involved Bubba might be fine or totally inadequate. I've been able to run a low traffic WordPress site on there without too much trouble. YMMV.

3. Bubba's primary use on my network is to store files and video. I regularly stream 720p TV from Bubba|Two to my Media Center PC. Bubba|Two isn't likely to be the limiting factor here, your network is.

HD Video isn't going to be watchable over a 54mb wifi connection. I've tested it over 802.11n and wired ethernet (also 200mb homeplugs) and it works with no problems at all.

The original Bubba struggled to stream HD video somethings due to throughput issues.

HTH.

Dan.