New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Transfer speed over network

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
xabba

Transfer speed over network

Post by xabba »

Hi,
im thinking about buying myself a Bubba2. I want to use it together with my Dreambox 800 (HD-satellite reciever) to save the movies im recording. Has anyone tested if transfer speed is enough to be able to use it to stream HD movies between Bubba -> DM800? And will it also manage to handle the required speed to save HD recordings from my DM800 -> Bubba?
johannes

Re: Transfer speed over network

Post by johannes »

We haven't tried the DM800, but transfer speeds in general is no problems with HD content.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
dan13l

Re: Transfer speed over network

Post by dan13l »

I'm constantly streaming HD video from Bubba|Two to my Media Center PC. So far I've had no problems.

As for the Dreambox, it looks like it runs Linux. You can try recording over the network to Bubba, but in the event that this is too slow, you could always record to the local drive, then kick off a routine to copy the files to Bubba after they've finished recording. Maybe at 2am, or if there's some sort of way of hooking into a recording finished event. I'm not familiar with the Dreambox, so can't be terribly specific I'm afraid.

HTH.