New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Setting up printer on Windows XP

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
paulchany

Setting up printer on Windows XP

Post by paulchany »

Hi,

I have connected a HP Bussiness Inkjet 1000 printer to my Bubba Two.
I want to setup this printer from my dual boot desktop systems: on GNU/Linux and on Windows XP Professional.
I have success on GNU/Linux system but on Windows XP haven't. From GNU/Linux system I can to print with this printer successfully. :)

I red the Bubba Manual, but still haven't success on Windows XP. :(
On Windows XP when I open My Computer, I can't see there neither Bubba directory, nor my shared printer. When in Network Places, I can see 'bubba' and if I click on 'bubba' I get the opened webpage in my Firefox Internet browser with bubba's home/ storage/ etc. directories, but there I can't find my printer.

When I try to add printer in Control Panel I don't know how to do that. I tried various modes but without success. I can't find there my printer's address (IP, http, ...).

So how can I setup Windows XP to use printer that is connected to my Bubba Two?
Any advices will be appreciated!
Best, Pali
HeSitated

Re: Setting up printer on Windows XP

Post by HeSitated »

Open "Printers and faxes", then click "Add printer".

Now choose "Local printer attached to this computer" (Looks strange, but is the way to go! :)), click next.

Now click "Create a new port" and choose "Standard TCP/IP port" in the dropdownlist, click next.

Then type the IP address of your Bubba in the appriopate field, click next.

Choose the appropiate printer.....

Suc6!
pcrene

Re: Setting up printer on Windows XP

Post by pcrene »

hello

That is the correct way, i addes my HP laser 4L this way.

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com