New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Continuous flashing blue light - help!

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
fecker

Continuous flashing blue light - help!

Post by fecker »

I had a power cut last night and Bubba hasn't been well since.

The blue light flashes continually and I can't SSH into it. I've reset it many times using the button but the same happens each time it restarts.

All any advice is welcome - thanks!
mcg

Re: Continuous flashing blue light - help!

Post by mcg »

Ouch, that's a bummer. Obviously you want to avoid erasing your data. What I would do is boot up using the USB stick, but with its configuration file edited to run in "rescue" mode. (See the instructions on this.) That way, you can poke around to see what the problem might be.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yes, do so. Another way is to try to boot and give it much time, it might be working on a file system check due to some bad sectors after the power-down. This could take hours.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
MaverikCH

Post by MaverikCH »

question: how many hours are to be considered on worst case?
got same issue. i waited more than 24h hours with my 1tb hdd but nothing happened.
when a check disk would run, i assume that hdd activity would be visible which was not the case.
nobody

Post by nobody »

indeed it takes hours. This behaviour is new for the 2.4 release. It never took this look in the older releases. In fact, it took so long I thought I trashed the machine and reinstalled! No no avail it now seems...