New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Need default duplicity GnuPG passphrase for manual restore

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
on4aa

Need default duplicity GnuPG passphrase for manual restore

Post by on4aa »

Intro: How I got into problems:
Being a bubba2 newbie with an additional Bubba Storage drive, I made the mistake of including the entirety of the "storage" directory (where pictures and music are stored by default) to my weekly full backup schedule without any encryption.

What I did not realise, was that the external additional Bubba Storage drive is also happens to be mounted under the "storage" directory, in a subdirectory of the "extern" directory. So week after week, I was backing up also all my backups until no place was left on the 1TB Bubba Storage drive.

I would not have noticed anything if it were not for accidentally deleting two IMAP e-mail folders (possibly because of poor interaction of Evolution with dovecot), that I now needed my backup.

What I need:
Although the web interface does not allow any restore, I have noticed via ssh that a couple of backup manifest files mention the Mail folders I am after. Running duplicity restore from the shell, I receive the following prompt, although I never specified any encryption password for my backups:

Code: Select all

Warning, found incomplete backup sets, probably left from aborted session
GnuPG passphrase: 
I tried my user, admin and root passwords without success. My question: What GnuPG passphrase does backup use with duplicity by default ???
on4aa

Re: Need default duplicity GnuPG passphrase for manual restore

Post by on4aa »

Should you need to run duplicity manually at the command line in attempt to recover a partial backup etc., you need to become su in a ssh. The default password for su is "excito" and so is the GnuPG passphrase.
[solved]